Wednesday, August 15, 2007

dream a little dream of me

Clearly, the genius ad exec who come up with the "have a happy period" slogan has never had a period.

I find it interesting--and perhaps this is indicative of how much time I have on my hands--that any health issues I have/had concern the right side of my body.
When I get an earache, it's always my right ear that pains me, I have a fibroid over my right ovary, my gallbladder is on my right side and the pain from that on the right side of my spine, and when the chiro adjusts me, it's always my right hip that goes out, affecting the right knee. In metaphysical studies, the right side of the body represents the masculine principle. My issues are connected to the men in my life, especially my father. And to think, I've wasted all this time blaming mom.

I heard "Blinded By The Light" by Manfred Mann's Earth Band on the way to work this morning. I thought THIS, " Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night" was "Blinded by the light, dressed up like a douche into the rumor of the night." Lordy. No wonder the offspring won't let me sing in the car.

Wow. What a huge disappointment the Bill Engvall show is. I hate it when studios overuse canned laughter. It ends up being super annoying.

Valerie Bertinelli is looking great in her new Jenny Craig ads. Then again, one has to wonder how much air brushing and "re-sizing" has been done. Faith Hill looked fab for the cover of Redbook but look how much they "shaved off" her body. (Check out her arm and her waist.) And they went hella heavy on the air brushing under and around her eyes, too. No wonder when I see Oprah on the cover of her mag and then in the rags without any make-up, I always find myself going, "WHOA!" It's a wonder some of these folks are even recognizable in public.

3 comments:

SpongyBones said...

You should see me in black and white! Hotter then any cop! Ha just kidding!

~Fathairybastard~ said...

You've got feminine hygiene on the brain, and that's a good thing.

Lin said...

Well ... FINALLY, someone else who heard the same thing in that song - thank you! So how about CCR with "There's a bathroom on the right...."