Wednesday, August 08, 2007

buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks, i don't care if i never get back

I read an article that said 75% of Americans will be
overweight by the year 2014.
Look at me. The one time in my life when I'm NOT procrastinating....

Mr. G's car is at the garage getting inspected and repaired, so he's using mine.
He walked in from work last night and I said, "This is BULLSHIT! I want my car back.
I can't go anywhere! I can't do anything! I'm stuck here in this cesspool of a trailer day in and day out! I can feel all my hopes and dreams drying up inside me!"
He said, "I've only had your car one day..."
This is what happens when I don't have any chocolate in my stash.

I was reading an article not long ago about Michael Vick in which Jesse Jackson asked the people not to pre-judge Vick, to allow due process of the law.
Now a Chicago man is dead and the family insist the cops "executed' him by use of taser. The cops say he was combative and they used the taser to subdue him.
Jesse Jackson is "lending his support" to the family, who, he says, will "pursue legal action."
Jesse said, "It seems that these rough and violent cops are breaking the law and must serve and face the judgement bar as everybody else would for violent behavior."
Wow. Seems like he's already made up his mind about guilt and innocence. Huh.
Wonder what happened to not pre-judging people and due process of the law? But, if he's wrong, I'm sure Jesse will step up to the plate and admit it. Juuuust like he did in the Duke Lacrosse rape case.

4 comments:

BRUNO said...

Uh-huh! NOW who's left with the "alternative-transportation", that you thought was yours, only???

Bet YOU will be the one to fill the tank, too! That's how us REAL MEN work!

Ah, revenge tastes SO sweet....!

*Goddess* said...

I DID have to fill the tank and was I ever pissed! I usually fill my tank and that lasts me 14 days. In the last week, I've put $46 worth of gas in the car AND I only have half a tank, which means I'll have to put another $12 or $15 to get through the work week, which doesn't even start till Friday!! Ugh. Funny thing is if the offspring returned his car with 1/2 a tank he'd have a FIT.

Mushy said...

Dang...are you posting for pay these days or just got more time on your hands?

Sorry, I can't seem to keep up with ya these days!

*Goddess* said...

I'm ovulating! I'm always gabby when I'm ovulating...then, next week or so, I'll get quiet for a few days. Happens every damn month.