Thursday, August 09, 2007

midnight at the oasis send your camel to bed


<---Another sticky, sweaty day yesterday. UGH!!

Mr. G was watching some old eps of Enterprise with Scott Bakula.
I said, "How does his hair stay dark? He's in his 50's. He's gotta be grey by now. What does he use? Just For Men In Space? "

I'm thinking the LazyBoy couch and chair were probably the worst things we ever bought as far as Mr. G is concerned. Now he can't even make it through a
6 p.m. show without falling asleep. At least with the old couch he was so uncomfortable, it kept him awake till at least 9.


My neighbor is a HUGE pain in the ass! The neighbor that lived two lots up used to put his lawn chair in the back yard and watch our place for most of the afternoon. I tried not to let it bother me when I was out hanging laundry or doing yard work, but it drove Mr. G crazy. When the neighbor in between us decided to build his garage in the back yard across from our place, the only GOOD thing was it that blocked the view of the other neighbor. So now the garage is facing our living room window where I sit and work on my laptop. It's just across the street, several hundred feet away. The neighbor recently lost his job, and now his favorite past time is setting up a frigging lawn chair in the garage pointed directly at our place. It's ten times worse than the other neighbor because he's so much closer. When it's really hot like this, I like to walk around in my exercise clothes, which consists of my stretch pants and black workout bra. Do you know how many times I've walked into the living room to find him staring at my damn window? Even though I have curtains, sheers AND shade film on the window, I have no idea how much he can or can't see, so I'm immediately having to back out of the room and put on a shirt. And let's not even talk about how many times I've walked out of the shower naked and into the living room to find him there. UGH!! I'm sure the view is no prettier for him than it is for me, but damn it, he needs to park his ass on his deck, which faces the OTHER neighbor. When they weren't home at different times, I've had Mr. G walk over and see if he can see me at the table, and some times he can't see me at all, other times he can see me clearly. I guess it depends on how the sun hits that window. I had the table pulled forward because I enjoyed the view--before his bulky garage there was nothing but wooded areas--and I even pulled it back behind the curtain so I had more privacy. I won't even start my damn Tae Bo unless his garage doors are closed because I don't want people staring at me while I'm exercising and bouncing up a storm. I just feel like my privacy is being invaded, and I'm one step away from closing the curtains permanently, and I hate to do that because that leaves me with no view.

Yippee! It rained like hell yesterday and the humdittity finally broke.

13 comments:

BBC said...

We could use some rain here. It brings new life to this special place.

I don't care if anyone sees what I'm doing. When I hike to the hot springs I get naked, if no one likes it they don't have to look at me.

Just saying. :-)

*Goddess* said...

Yeah, but when I'm in my own home, I want to walk around half naked if I feel like it, and I DO care if somebody sees me. Unless he's a hott cop....LOL;)

Mushy said...

Have BIG G install a power source to the side of the trailer and hook it up to a light switch...when you see him standing there flip the switch and watch his eyes light up!

Or, buy you a big fake pair of testicles and a big Johnson...walk out naked wearing on them and he'll never look in again!

SpongyBones said...

I use to watch my neighbor. Then she got naked one day and I got really scared and moved away ... or wait, no it was the neighbor that watched me that called the cops and I woke up in jail after getting my eyes poked out ... yeah that's what happened.

~Fathairybastard~ said...

Try my little old neighbors for a while. Tried to get my cat gassed. Hope they get a tumor.

*Goddess* said...

Damn. Guess what they say about that greener grass is true.

H2o said...

You can have my neighbor...He is the biggest pain in the ass. I've had 15 years to many with him.

*Goddess* said...

"LawnBoy"? No, thanks.

Anonymous said...

A few years ago a British Columbia man was charged with lewd public acts after his neighbours watched him from their home into his open curtain windows whacking off in front of the tv. The judge dropped the charges because the man was in his home and the neigbours were spying on him with binocculars the whole time he was in the act. Police actually charged him! I can't believe it. Talk about abusing the long arm of the law. ;-)

Seriously, you should look into a movable screen you can put up in front of the window when you want to work out and then remove it when they aren't around to enjoy your view. Or call the cops on them for being peeping toms. That might still be on your law books. Call your local town hall. It's still on many books up here in Canada. Also, consider and build a high fence along your whole backyard property line. If the object to the materials or height, sight the peeping tom incidents to them and their wives.

Stacey

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

Sadly, I've reached that stage in my life where I would actually send fan letters to any peeping Tom (sigh).

BRUNO said...

I hope you get a FUNGUS from all the rain there! What I wouldn't give for a nice, muddy barn lot..

*Goddess* said...

Carol, I just want to make sure he's not peeking because of the good laugh I'm giving him....

*Goddess* said...

Sorry, Bruno, no fungus. We only had one day of rain--HARD rains--and then we went right back to the damn high humditty. UGH.