Tuesday, July 31, 2007

just another manic monday

Normally I don't have problems with "Mondays," but yesterday was the pits. First of all it was hella hot and humid, a dreaded combination as far as I'm concerned.

I came home from work to find the elliptical machine was broken. We sheared off a bolt and now we have to beg the neighbor--former machine shop worker--to see if he can fix it.

I figured hell, I'll use the exercise bike and watch Court Tv. I couldn't get a damn signal on Direct Tv. This is about the tenth time in the last week or so. How clearly I recall the famous last words of the Direct TV dish installer, "Where I placed your dishes, you'll NEVER have to worry about interference from the trees or anything else." As Grandma would say, "Bite me." Oh, and "never say never."

Even the damn cat is broken and Mr. G has to take him to the vet to see what's wrong. That's weighing on our minds a lot. This particular cat has a Pavlovian response to anything/anyone moving in the vicinity of the kitchen, yet he hasn't eaten in about four days. ("Beggar Boy" was not a bestowed title. It was definitely EARNED.) He's taken small bites of tuna and that's it. BUT he's very clean and he doesn't seem to be in distress, so I thought maybe he was having problems with his teeth. Last night, however, he peed in the house, which is not a good sign....in more ways than one.
The vet always asks 2 main questions: is he going to the bathroom in the house and is he eating? Unfortunately he's failing on both counts. I'll feel better just knowing that he's ok.
He's Female Offspring #1's favorite cat and we all had the pleasure of watching him being born, along with his four sibs. I'll never forget it, the little bugger came out tail/ass first....LOL! Then he sat up and looked around and FO #1 said, "He looks like a little Buddha," and that's how he got his name;).
His mother died two years ago of liver problems, so I hope he's not going to go through the same thing. They were so funny together. They used to sit out on the front porch every night. We used to joke about him being a Mommy's boy. One night he was laying in the middle of the road beside our house and I was afraid he'd get hit by a car, so I kept calling him and calling him. Of course, he just ignored me. His mother was standing beside me, and she gave out a sharp "meow," as if to say "get your ass over here," and he got right up & came a runnin'. I'll never forget it.

4 comments:

BBC said...

Cats, they think that they are God, until you stop feeding them, then they start wondering where God is.

Especially if they are locked up in a room where they can't go out and hunt something.

Well, I have to run over to Safeway for another cart to cook dinner on. Have a wonderful evening. Hugs.

*Goddess* said...

I know a lot of people keep their cats indoors all the time, but I just don't believe in it. They need to get outside and exercise and kill stuff...preferably stuff they DON'T deposit on my front stoop.

Lin said...

Aww, Goddess, it's sounds like you're dining on the same crap sandwich that I have been lately ... I am so sorry to hear that. I'll be checking for updates on Buddha ... that is very upsetting news.

*Goddess* said...

Thanks, Lin. It wasn't good news:(
It's amazing how close you get to these little furry boogers.