Friday, July 13, 2007

how mooooving

Chick-Fil-A is giving away free chicken today for their Cow Appreciation Day, and all you have to do is walk in FULLY dressed like a cow. Sorry, but that's just udderly insane.


I saw a report on The Today Show this morning warning of the dangers of hand sanitizers and small children. Kids ingest the product, and the alcohol in the sanitizers can be upwards of 60-90% (fatal amounts for children) and it can accumulate in the child's body causing their blood sugar levels to drop, among other things. One woman's child was tested after ingesting 2 ounces of sanitizer and the amount of alcohol in her system was enough for her to be classified as legally intoxicated. Personally, I wouldn't have this stuff in my home. We employ the "spit to hands" and "spit to face" method. It works just fine AND it's free. Unless some smart ass decides to spit on someone else's face.

7 comments:

BRUNO said...

Would YOU rather walk in, dressed as a BULL???

Didn't think so!

Though I wonder what you'd get for THAT.....?

*Goddess* said...

Nah, I have a little pride. I'd be willing to shell out a dollar & get a dbl cheeseburger from McDonalds thus sparing myself the humiliation for a free dinner.

Mushy said...

Hmmmm, probably be cheaper to do shots of that instead of tequila...and quicker!

david mcmahon said...

Hi Goddess,

We grew up in the spit-and-polish era. Works for me!

Cheers

David

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

What's sanitiser? Come to think of it, don't tell me, I don't think I want to know. Kids and dirt go together just like soap and water, I've got no problem with either..

*Goddess* said...

Yes, you DO want to know! It's another invention for the lazy. Instead of using soap and water to wash your hands, you squirt on some of this sanitizer and rub it in. No need for water. I hate the stuff. I'm a good old fashioned soap 'n water gal.

BRUNO said...

Yeah, Mom used to make me wash my hands and face before bedtime with Comet, and a Brillo-pad! But it shore took care of that pimple-problem!

I learned better, with time. Now I use Go-Jo, with pumice!(Fortified with LANOLIN...!)