Friday, July 27, 2007

burning down the house

Wow. Some people really take this internet stuff seriously. I read an article in the paper today about a man who became incensed when someone called him a "nerd" on the 'net.
So he drove 1300 miles and burned down the dude's trailer. Geez, isn't living in a trailer enough suffering for a person to endure? Along the way, the guy took and posted pics of the states as he was entering them. I guess to let the nerdee know that he was really on his way.

And the story about the astronauts flying while drunk? Who cares? Not like they're going to hit another space shuttle in outer space. Or make a wrong turn. I don't think there's much chance a hott cop will pull them over for an FWI. So what's the worst that could happen? They might leave the left turn signal on for the entire trip.

6 comments:

Fathairybastard said...

Really, where's the harm in a little tipple before the blast off. Hell, that's how most people have been conceived.

Chewy said...

I wouldn't mind being called a nerd.

Actually sounds nerdy to take pics of states and post them. aaah, a nerdy tourist!

Mushy said...

Heck, you'd have to get me drunk just to strap in!

Lin said...

I go along 100% with your view - living in a trailer is justification enough to be a little testy with the rest of the world, especially after this last week. Anyone getting an attitude with me this week is going to get a lead enema without a whole lot of debate.

david mcmahon said...

Goddess, Goddess, Goddess,

You call me a nerd and I'll take it as a compliment!

Keep smiling

David

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

That's so funny, and right on the nail - hell, I'd need a gallon of vodka before being shot in to space, myself!

Oooh - scarey nerdy folk out here, I knew it. So come on, fess up, which one of you did it??