Sunday, June 24, 2007

a public affair

I was reading some of the reviews for "Evan Almighty" because I was curious as to what people thought. To me, the idea seemed CUTE, but I'm not so sure it could sustain an entire movie. I didn't like Bruce Almighty because, as usual, Jim Carey starts out funny then goes overboard and ends up being more annoying and childish than humorous. At times, I feel that if you've seen one Jim Carey movie, you've seen them all.
Some of my favorite quotes about Evan are: "If Jerry Falwell weren't dead already, this movie might have killed him," "There’s enough stupidity here to insult both theologians and politicos," "It's an almighty, humorless bore,"
and "Evan Almighty is a paper-thin alleged comedy with a laugh drought of biblical proportions, and a condescendingly simplistic spiritual message.
It is so bad, I came close to throwing my caffeinated beverage at the screen." Ouch. Doesn't seem to be going over too well.

Ugh. I am so out of touch with reality. I was thinking now might be the time to go back to school and get a secretarial diploma, which is a nine month course, so I'm not stuck in this line of work forever. A freaking nine months costs $8, 250! And they only give $1,400 in financial aid each quarter, so I'd still owe over $4k. The last thing I need if I'm not working is more debt.


WTF?!

This is a fun article from MSN, listing the 25 Worst Web Sites on the net.
The Number One spot went to one of the sites I hate the most: MySpace.
Ya just knew the Hamster Dance site was going to be included on that list.
It's funny, but when we got our very first computer back in '99, everybody was LOVING the Hamster Dance.

I was helping Mr. G unpack the groceries yesterday. He does all the grocery shopping. Now before you people think, "Wow, what a great husband!" I feel I should tell you that he only does it because he doesn't want to let me have the $ to do it myself. As I pulled out a package of Oscar Meyer Bologna for the nine millionth time this month, I began to sing,
"My bologna has a first name it's 'imsickofeatingyoueveryday",
My bologna has a second name it's "whycantweaffordgoodmeat",
oh, I have to eat it every day and if you ask me why I'll say,
cuz Mr. G refuses to spring for real fooo-oooo-ood."
He looks at me and says, "Are you trying to tell me something, honey?"
Subtlety. That's my middle name.

2 comments:

Fathairybastard said...

You're in a shitty position fer sure. Don't even want to think about what it would be like to have to find another gig at this point. But you're too friggin' smart to be out there in the cold for long. Buck up babe (saying that knowing full well it doesn't help).

*Goddess* said...

Thanks, FHB. I just hate being at home....even though I would be off till Friday anyway...LOL! It's the uncertainty that gets to me.