Friday, June 29, 2007

i believe in miracles, you sexy thang

<---My so-called friend, C.P., sent me this cartoon, along with the message to "The minute I read this, I thought of you!" Grrrrr. Isn't he the SWEETEST?! I thought it was funny when I read it this morning.........AT WORK, C.P.! HA! That's right. I. AM. BACK.
I can't believe my boss is home from the hospital already. Boss Number One kept saying it was going to be four weeks, at best.
Damn. I wasted all that kvetching for nothing.

As I was driving to work this morning, I passed a Jeep someone had painted in camoflague. How stupid is that? Not like he's going to blend in with trees and brush in the middle of the highway. It's almost as weird as the person who has never even been in the service and yet they feel compelled to walk around in camoflague pants. What gives, Wannabe?

Wow. That Yaz commercial gets more annoying every time they redo it. Now the chick walks in, sits down and begins a dissertation on her the history of menstrual symptoms. Apparently she's never heard the phrase, "too much information." I don't care if she has PMS, PMDD, or PB&J.
And what's with the "doctor dramatization" caption under the chick when she says she "didn't go to medical school for nothing"?
What's next? A "Gecko dramatization" caption under the talking Gecko on the GEICO ads? An "Aunt Jemima dramatization" label under Aunt Jemima?
Is the public so incredibly stupid that they're going to confuse an ACTRESS with a doctor? I blame Jarvik and his damn Lipitor commercial for this!
Of course, in the case of Dr. Jarvik, we MIGHT be tipped off by the fact that he begins the commercial by saying, "I'm Dr. Robert Jarvik, inventor of the artificial heart." Or IS he?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bit o'trivia time... again... :-)

The Jarvik 7 heart was first implanted, and it was successful, in a woman from my hometown named Loella Laclair. My cousin was the only interviewer in the world to granted unprecedent access to the whole pre-op, op and post-op follow ups, the whole team, the patient and her family to film hours upon hours of footage that eventually aired on tv as a two part series (one hour of aired footage in total). It won my cousin and his camera crew, plus his employer, awards.

I remember crying when it aired, and jumping up to call him to tell him how very proud I was of him. He's the most humble of journalists you'll ever meet, and it took his boss close to 20 years to convince him he was needed at the anchor desk with his own noon hour news format show.

Stacey

*Goddess* said...

Wow, what an honor to be the only one to do a story on that event. And yet it took that long for his boss to recognize his excellence? Figures.

Ok, now get your ass back over there and answer that KFC trivia!

Anonymous said...

No, you misread. I said, "...it took his boss close to 20 years to convince him." My cousin needed 20 years of hearing his boss ask him and tell him he deserved to step up to the plate before he actually did it. And being the humble guy he is, I asked him once why it took so long for him to get out of the field into the studio behind the desk and he told me he wanted to wait till his son was old enough to be in school fulltime and his work schedule didn't interfer with his family life. Plus, at the time, his wife was working towards her head shrinker license.

Stacey

*Goddess* said...

Oooh, ok. How in the world did he manage to snag such a prestigious interview in the first place?

Anonymous said...

By being an old skool journalism and having integrity. That's won him respect all over the city and province, but this doc allowed the whole country to see what he's truly made of. If you knew his family, and if you knew his wife, there is no way he could have ever become the lazy ass "journalists" we have in the media today. If it hasn't happened in the first 25 years of his career, it's never going to happen Dan Rather style for him. Plus we come from a huge Irish family so there is a lot of pressure to not disappoint on his shoulders morally speaking.

Stacey