Sunday, June 17, 2007

i am rolling on the floor laughing my ass off




E! had a 50 Funniest Women Alive list show this afternoon. Some of their list was:
18. Kathy Griffin and then

13. Joan Rivers
12. Reese Witherspoon
11. Jennifer Aniston
10. Mo'Nique
9. Lisa Kudrow
8. Lily Tomlin
7. Roseanne
6. Kelly Ripa
5. Rosie O'Donnell
4. Julia Louis Dryfuss
3. Carol Burnett
2. Whoopi
1. Ellen

I think they're mistaking "funny in movies/tv" for naturally funny, and they're not the same thing. When I think knee slappers, I do NOT think Aniston OR Kudrow. They were ok in Friends, but they're not funny off the cuff women.

My top five list of 5 INHERENTLY funny women are:
5. Carol Burnett
4. Rosie O'Donnell
3, Kathy Griffin
2. Ellen
1. Roseanne

I know Joan Rivers was incredibly popular over the years, but I've never liked her humor. What made me laugh, though, was when she described Mary Tyler Moore refusing to speak to her whenever they met. When she finally asked Mary why, Mary said, "Because you said I look like The Joker!" And Joan said, "Well she does!" If you know what Joan looks like NOW, you'll know that what goes around, ALWAYS comes around;)

Who are your Top 5 Funniest Women of All Time?

1 comment:

Fathairybastard said...

Lilly Tomlin is the only one I don't see on there. Her live docu in the 80s made me cry it was so funny. Talking about how the anti depressants didn't do much for her, but were great when she slipped them to her kids, watchin' their little heads bob. Killed me.