Wednesday, June 13, 2007

hott child in the city

My boss makes me sick! Literally. Remember she went to the hospital for an
overnight stay last week? I think she brought a little something home.
The day after she came home, I started coughing. And I noticed she was coughing. I held out and worked my weekend shift, but thank
God I was off Monday because by about 11 a.m. I was in bed with a lousy fever.
Mr. G came in every couple hours and asked me if I was feeling any better, then he'd add that I didn't need to worry about scrubbing the living room carpet before the furniture guys arrived today. AS IF. The fucking rug could BURN for all I cared at that point. He came in around 8ish to
tell me the same thing and I lost it. I'm like, "You obviously don't understand how sick I am. I can barely get out of bed. I don't give a damn about the rug OR the furniture."
About five minutes later, he comes back in and says, "How about I get your laptop? That ought to make you feel better."
I yelled, "I don't want that damn laptop either. I'M SICK!"
Under his breath, I hear him saying, "Wow. She really IS sick."
As if the profuse sweating, intense coughing and sleeping for the last eight hours wasn't proof enough. Ugh.
Now it's Wednesday, I have to go back to work on Friday and my fever still hasn't broken completely. I do one little thing and I'm covered in sweat.
Of all the lousy times to get my days off cut from seven to four, this would be it. Hopefully, tomorrow will be a HALF decent day healthwise.
While I would like to say I'm penning this latest post from the comfort of my brand spanking new Lazy Boy chair or couch, I'm not.
I'm too wet--sadly, in many areas--to be sitting on anything that isn't plastic.
I can't remember the last time I was this sick.
I think one of the worst things about having a head cold is when you try to sleep and the mucus in your nose/throat starts "whistling". Ugh.
At one point, my nose was making so much noise it sounded like the woodwind section of a marching band.
Tuesday I was saying, "Hell, I'm going to be better in time just to go to work."
Now I'm saying, "I hope I"m better in time to go back to work."
I can't go back to work hacking and sweating like this.


Mr. G took his car in to be serviced because the brakes are making a grinding sound. They shouldn't be bad because we just had all
new brakes installed on that car last year, and he's only driven it about 4000 miles. Anymore with that car,
I don't worry about the cost so much, just whether or not it's even fixable.
His mother said, "Why don't you just buy a new one?" Yes, why don't we just rush right out and get in debt by about $11 or 12k? No biggie.

I taped some eps of COPS the other night and I was watching them this afternoon. There were several
episodes of Cheaters on before, and I have to say, I can't believe anyone with any dignity and self-respect would go on that show.
They have the cheatee, the cheater, and the show guy, who pretends to be the voice of reason, when really he just likes to incite things.
For the cheatee, it would be humiliating, and for the cheater, it's bad press for the next relationship.

No comments: