Friday, June 22, 2007

cursed missed opportunities

DAY 12 of my cold, and the snot rages on. Mr. G thinks I had pneumonia, but I don't think so. I think it was bronchitis. I didn't feel any of it in my chest. But the yellow and green snot tells me there was DEFINITELY an infection. Lovely. I've gone through FOUR bottles of Ester C (100 tablets each) since this started.

On the days that I'm off--which is every day now since my boss is in the hospital--I've been getting up around 6:30-7 a.m. and taking Holly for her walk. Mr. G is doing the same on days he's off. I really enjoy walking her then as opposed to late in the evening. The neighborhood is usually quiet and she's very well behaved for me.
I gotta stop holding complete conversations with her, though. If anybody came up behind me, they'd think I was totally nuts. [As opposed to partially nuts, which is all I'll admit to.] The other day I was asking Holly for her opinion on the placement of the new living room couch and chair. Typically, she totally agreed with my decision. That's what I love about her. The only time she "disagrees" is when I take her bone.
Last Sunday morning, I think we woke up all the four legged burglar alarms in the neighborhood, and I'm sure they were loving us. Holly dawdled just long enough in front of their homes to rouse the hounds. BTW, did I mention lately that one neighbor STILL has their Christmas lights up and ON every night? Same deal as last year. They turned them on ALL year until the "Merry Christmas, Welcome, Jebus" sign burned right out.

Ya know what I think would be a great tie-in promotion? If the Alli diet pill people offered a free package of Rit Brown dye for your poopy pants.

No comments: