Wednesday, June 20, 2007

can't beat the real thing

UGH. UGH. UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH! I read that Rosie O'Donnell has another meeting with the folks at CBS and she really wants The Price is Right gig. I could not HACK listening to her bullshit every day, and I don't think the audience is ready for a female host. JOHN O'HURLEY FOR THE PRICE IS RIGHT HOST!!! He'd be great. He's naturally funny, debonair and sexy!

I'm sure by now you've read about the push to have incandescent light bulbs taken out of the stores, to be replaced by compact fluorescent bulbs. I read that there is enough mercury in one of those little bulbs to contaminate over six THOUSAND gallons of water. They're contaminating the environment with 30,000 pounds of mercury every year. If you break one in your home, they pose a serious health threat. I have a couple of the bulbs and was going to switch to all fluorescent until I read this. Now I want to get rid of the ones I have before something happens! To dispose of them properly, you need to contact the mercury recycling center in your area. Yeah, as IF we have one of those.


Remember this commercial? I do. Gawd, I miss the fresh, clean taste of soda in glass bottles. There's nothing like it.



I am constantly amazed at how much phlegm the human body can produce. It fucking can't manufacture fat fighting cells, but disgusting phlegm flows out of ya like a river.

2 comments:

Fathairybastard said...

Didn't know that about the florescent bulbs. I have a bunch of them. Why the hell aren't the enviro whackos freaked about that? And you can still get soda in glass bottles. Here you can, anyway.

BRUNO said...

Florescent lights DO have their own "hazards", indeed. But as much as it pains me to AGREE with something "the Gov" promotes---they DO give more "light for the money", and use a lot less wattage than "regular" bulbs, for savings DURING EXTENDED USE.

I honestly have had pretty much an "all florescent" house for several years now, before it was COOL! And for ME, anyhow, it really did make a difference!