Saturday, June 30, 2007

a bit testy, aren't we?

FHB is always talking about his tests, so I asked him to send me a copy of one. You know, so I could see how much history I've forgotten. Turns out I've forgotten ALL of it.

For shits and giggles, see if you can answer these three simple questions and NO GOOGLING:

_?_ is the term used to describe the rapid spread of contagious diseases through the continent after the first European contact.
_?_ was the name of the intellectual movement that gave rise to political beliefs about natural rights,freedom and democracy.
_?_ was the war that led directly to the outbreak of hostilities between the American colonies and Parliament over taxes and local sovereignty.

My answers are: no clue, huh?, ummmm, the Revolutionary War?

5 comments:

Mushy said...

I think he makes this shit up!

*Goddess* said...

Not that I'd want him for a teacher--he looks too strict--but wouldn't it be HILARIOUS if he did make up an entire test based on nothing factual? LOL!

Fathairybastard said...

Was asked by an officer on a ship once which version of American History I taught. I told him "My own".

Disease Frontier.

Age of Reason.

French and Indian War.

All conventional shit. If you sat through the class, it'd be easy.

Fathairybastard said...

One of these days I'll post a vid of my class, and you'll all die laughin'.

*Goddess* said...

French and Indian War?! Well, hell, scratch that "one answer right in the last section" comment.