Sunday, June 10, 2007

all cried out but nothing to say

Ugh. The new song I've been grooving on is by DIDDY! DIDDY, damn it! I've never liked a Diddy song in my life. "Last Night" with Keyshea Cole has such a good sound to it. Her voice is so strong, I can't believe she's not famous right up there with Mariah Carey.

On last night's evening news, they were discussing the fact that a "popular bagpipe band" would be performing at an area event. There's an oxymoron for ya.

I was watching COPS last night, and I love the 2007 spin the female deputy put on the saying "if you love something, set it free." A young guy was bothering his ex and she maced him.
The officer at the scene said, "It's time to let go. If you love her set her free, you know.
If she loves you, she'll come back because you know she's armed now."

While I thought the Adams Family M&M Dark Chocolate tie in was cute, I don't
think I'm ready for their new commercials in which they're trying to turn all the M&M's into "people". Arms and legs was hard enough to get used to, but I prefer my candy sans hair and 'staches, thank you very much.

I heard on the news this morning, that in the year 2050, 1 person in 85 will have Alzheimers,
with the biggest rise coming from Asia. While I'd like to blame it all on THEIR MSG, and that damn soy the doctors keep pushing, I'm guessing it has more to do with the fact that OUR garbage food has invaded their culture. Hey, don't say we never gave ya anything, Asians!

I caught 1/2 of Shrek last night and I loved the song, Hallelujah by John Cale.
I loved that "I'm a donkey on the edge" comment, too.

Shell, stop trying to be oh, so artistically innovative with your cryptic commercials,
and just lower the damn price of gas and earl.

I see the new Nancy Drew movie coming out. When I was younger, back when Jebus was in Pampers,
I used to devour Nancy Drew books. The weird thing is that I LOVED mystery books: Nancy Drew, The Hardy Boys, Encyclopedia Brown and The Bobsey Twins, although the Bobsey Twins weren't strictly mystery books. But now I can't stand them. And I really hate it when they mix mystery into my romance novels. I also used to LOVE real life kidnap stories. After 82 Hours Til Dawn, I can't hack them anymore either.

My new living room furniture is arriving on Wednesday!!
*color me EXCITED*
Granted, it's been a mere 27 years since we bought new living room furniture, but I'm thrilled.
If I didn't have to scrub the living room rug first, I'd be estatic, but as it stands I'm settling for thrilled.

1 comment:

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

Good luck with the rug.. I'd rather knit me a new one than take that on board!