Saturday, May 26, 2007

i spy with my little eye.....a very long weekend

I'm reading my latest edition of "Farm and County" and there is a picture of a big ass, rusty Farmall tractor sitting in the field. Made me think of Bruno and his tinkering..........and how I haven't had to cut the grass once this summer since the tractor he loaned me never arrived. Bless you, Bruno.

Tina Tyler emailed me and said she would send me copies of her adult vids series called "Handyman," in which hetero guys jack off. I can't wait to get my grubby hands on 'em. And dang, who wouldn't like to have Tina's job?! I was yakking with South about this last night and he said all Tina has to do is send me a tape with a guy dressed like a cop and I'll be all over it saying how great it is. That is SO NOT TRU----damn he knows me well, doesn't he?

Why did I have to pick Memorial Day weekend to get a freaking toothache? Last time I had one my dentist was on vacation. This is a lovely pain like I've never had before, so I'm betting it will have to be pulled. I can see black almost right up against the gum line and everytime I touch near there, I get a blast of nerve pain. It's in the back of my mouth and won't show, but still I don't like to get teeth pulled. What I don't want, though, is to have it capped and have to get a root canal later, and he had this tooth pegged to be capped if I had any more trouble with it.
I've read many times that the pain still doesn't go away with a root canal and the only way to get rid of it entirely is to have the tooth yanked. The last time I had to have one pulled, I came home and cried. I don't even know why. I know it's a shock to the body to have a tooth pulled, but I wasn't prepared to be so weepy!
Keep your fingers crossed that it's a simple filling, people. I would appreciate it.
I absolutely HATE going to the dentist. Always have, and I will put it off as long as I can. BUT I have friends whose teeth are mere black stubs and for the life of me, I can't understand how they avoid going to the dentist. The pain would have to be excruciating after a while. One girl I work with only goes when her teeth are so bad they're impacted. And me, the dentist wussy, the minute I get a little bit of an ache, I'm running for an appointment. I can only conclude that they are BEYOND terrified. And doggone it, I'm hungry but I'm afraid to eat anything!

1 comment:

Shrink Wrapped Scream said...

Uuch, poor you! I've had root canal work (don't want to talk about it), but the tooth was saved, and no pain since.. and that was a couple of years back. Fingers x'd, you might be alright. x