Sunday, May 27, 2007

i love you more than i did when you were mine

Dario Franchitti won the Indy 500 and the one headline
read "Ashley Judd's Husband Wins Indy 500." LOL! I'm sure he'll appreciate that.

A police informant is alleging that Michael Vick, quarterback for the Atlanta Falcons is heavy into betting on dog fighting. The informant alleges that Vick would place bets of $30,000-$40,000 and even higher on the fights. The informant also alleges that his dog beat Vick's in a fight.
I don't understand how anyone in their right mind could get enjoyment out of two animals tearing each other apart. That's fucking sick.

I was outside putzing around in the back yard this afternoon. We have a dog pen from our last dog that we kept in the yard
because it's a really well built doghouse and quite frankly, I'm trying to figure out how I can con one of the offspring into living in it.
Justin, one of the little neighbor kids, saw me outside and came over. He's about seven years old. He said, "What are you doing?"
With a perfectly straight face, I said, "Oh, I was just putting a new rug in the dog's house so she'll have something to lay on when she watches her tv."
I soooo wish I had a camera when I tell him this sort of stuff because you can almost see the wheels turning in his head.
He said, "Nuh uh. There's no tv in there."
Last time I got him when I told him I put a stereo in the doghouse.
I said, "Sure there is. How's the dog going to keep herself busy with no tv? You know she doesn't have a stereo."
He looked at me for a few seconds, trying to figure out whether or not I was joking with him, then gave me one last, "Nuh uh" and walked away.
Like clockwork, within about two minutes, he was back in the yard. "I want to see it."
I said, "See what?"
He pointed to the dog pen and said, "I want to see the dog's tv."
I said, "Go ahead and look. She's watching Animal Planet."
He squatted down and pulled back the piece of carpet we keep over the opening and looked in.
Then he said, "See?! I told you there was no tv in there!"
LOL!! I know I shouldn't jerk the boy's chain, but I can't help but get a kick out of the way he falls for that every damn time.
Next time I'm telling her we installed an indoor pool. The comical thing is that the pen would comfortably house two beagle sized dogs, laying side by side,
so the fact that he thinks I can even fit a tv and stereo in there is hilarious to me.

3 comments:

Mushy said...

If this shows up a second time - you got two chuckles out of me!

Anonymous said...

If Ashley Judd would stop going so apeshit at his races, the press might actually forget momentarily she exists and put him name in the paper instead of hers.

Stacey

*Goddess* said...

I was surprised they didn't show her in the winner's circle with Dario.