Tuesday, May 15, 2007

don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear, just sing, sing a song

Good grief. I can't believe I instantly remembered the lyrics to that Sesame Street song quoted above. Oy!

I heard Elton John's "Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word" this morning. You know the song...
"What have I got to do to make you love me
What have I got to do to make you care..."
Damn. That should be the official anthem of stalkers everywhere.

Speaking of music, is there a song that you hear on the radio--no matter how old--that you
instantly lose yourself in? For me, it's Good Vibration by Marky Mark. Oh, and the Funky Bunch.
Don't ask me why, but that song is so energetic and the female background singer is so strong in her vocals. I just love it.
And btw, it's very distracting when you hear a song like this when you're driving, and can't afford to get lost in the song. Incidentally, you can tell the female background singer is chubby. If she were a hott skinny chick, she'd be all over this damn video, instead of getting a few head shots here and there. Just like the old Wilson Phillip's vids with Carnie Wilson.

3 comments:

Ron Southern said...

I get lost in a few old songs, whenever they may play. The ones that occur to me now are "Paint It Black" by the Rolling Stones and "Helter Skelter" by the Beatles. Doesn't that sound like a frequently depressed sex maniac?

Anonymous said...

Obsession by Animotion is a pretty good stalker song as well.

"I will have you
Yes, I will have you
I will find a way
and I will have you
Like a butterfly
A wild butterly
I will collect you and capture you

You are an obsession
You're my obsession
Who do you want me to be
To make you sleep with me
You are an obsession
You're my obsession
Who do you want me to be
To make you sleep with me"

*Goddess* said...

Oh yeah, I forgot about that song. Every Breath You Take also manages to sound stalkerish at times;)