Friday, May 11, 2007

bank on *this*

I love the way the banks double talk and act like they're really giving their customers something. I received a letter telling me that my bank--First National Bank of PA--was giving me something called "Overdraft Honor" because of my "good relationship" with the bank. It states that they will cover me on overdrafts for up to $800. Sounds good, right? AND there's no additional monthly charge for this Overdraft Honor! Weeeeeeeeeeee!

BUT then it states that with this Overdraft Honor it will charge me $37 for each overdraft incident and if I have multiple items in one day, I will be charged an additional $37 for each incident. PLUS they will charge me $12.00 for every third business day that the account remains in overdrawn status. Someone explain to me how they are "giving" me anything?! My "relationship" with the bank doesn't sound to f'ing good to me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, talk about customer service rape. The bank I'm with only gave me overdraft because my best friend was the ass't branch mgr at the time. That was ten years ago. It's still at the same amount now as it was then, and I only get charged $5 once and I have a two week grace period to repay it.

You definitely need a new bank to deal with.

Stacey

*Goddess* said...

Oh the overdraft costs are like that EVERYWHERE in the U.S., Stacey. At some banks, they're $50 per overdraft. It's insane the way they rack you with charges. What pisses me off is the way they were handling checks. You buy your checks, then if you want to receive paper copies OF YOUR OWN DAMN CHECKS, you have to pay a monthly fee. If you don't get monthly copies, and need a copy of a specific check, the bank charges you $25 for a freaking photocopy.

Anonymous said...

What the hell is a check??? Me no understand this word. D'errrrrr... *drooling*

We used to use cheques up here but in the last 10+ years, they have been replaced by heavy and liberal use of debit and credit cards. Joe just ordered cheques last week only because we still have to pay our rent with them.

Stacey

*Goddess* said...

Some people--*cough*ME*cough*--will use checks until they rip them from my dead and decaying hands....