Saturday, April 14, 2007

oh what a wicked web we weave

While I thought my next NetFlix movie was "Night in a Museum," it was actually "Charlotte's Web." Charlotte is one of my all time favorite books from childhood. So while I was gnoshing on my lunch--a bacon, lettuce and pink, rubbery tomato sandwich--I watched the movie. And no, the irony of my choice of sandwich was not lost on me. I loved the movie and I give it a big ole 5 out of 5. Thomas Haden Church again delivered a great vocal performance. He was one of the crows in the movie and he has a voice that is perfect for animation. As does Wanda Sykes. It took me a few minutes to recognize Oprah as one of the geese. Kathy Bates and Reba McEntire as Holstein cows were hilarious. As was John Cleese as the leader of the sheep, who was forever telling them to think for themselves. Great flick for the adults as well as the kids.

3 comments:

Mushy said...

Like I always say, you wouldn't want to eat a talented pig like that all at once.

Shrink wrapped scream said...

I'd only read the book, and only 'cos I was forced to..but then I took the kids to see it at the theatre, and finally GOT IT.

Sadly, they didn't:

"Can we go home, now?"

"Shut your whining, and let me listen! Oh, I'm sorry, don't cry, I'll get you an ice-cream.."

*Goddess* said...

LOL! Good one, Mushy.

I loved the book the first time I read it, SWS. I think because I love animals so much.