Saturday, April 07, 2007

in my easter bonnet with all the frills upon it



Easter, Pt. 2


Speaking of the chocolate bunnies, the offspring are pissed at me because they think my bunny is bigger than theirs. What a bunch of shit. Mine might be a teeny bit larger. Now I axe you people,
<---aren't these bunnies almost exactly the same size? Mine is on the left, one of theirs is on the right.





I received a phone call from the pastor of the local Methodist Church yesterday afternoon. Seems Male Offspring #'s 4 and 5 are banned from next year's Good Friday service. A few of the local churches allow members to "carry" a wooden cross through the streets so others can get a small taste of what Jesus experienced on Good Friday. I hardly think it's anything like what Jesus went through, considering the doggone cross is ON WHEELS and they go out to eat afterwards. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember Jesus gnoshing on pancakes on Golgotha. Anywho, the offspring tried to make it even easier for themselves by loading the cross into Male Offspring #7's John Deere Stake Wagon and pull it. Sigh. They said, "Mom, you always tell us to 'work smarter, not harder'." Oh sure *that* they remember. "Stay out of my booze and cigarette money!!" goes in one ear and out the other, but *that* they remember. Unfortunately, it doesn't change the fact that they're banned from attending a church service held by a church we don't even belong to. See why it's a bad thing for moms to work outside the trailer?!

I seriously need younger, hipper siblings. My sister called me all excited about winning tickets to see Sonny Geraci in concert. She asked me if I wanted to go. I'm like, "Go to his concert? I don't even know who that is." She yelled, "Sonny Geraci!!" as if that would magically jog my memory. I was still drawing a TOTAL blank. "Sonny Geraci from The Outsiders!!" "The Outsiders?" I considered that for a minute. "Wasn't that some sort of cop show from the 50's or 60's?" "That's The Fugitives! Sonny was the lead singer of The Outsiders and they sang "Time Won't Let Me." "Oooh, ok. I liked that song. I'll think about going."
(That usually means there's no way in hell I'm going but I need time to think up a reasonably tactful excuse.)
"Then he became the leader singer of Climaxx and they sang "Precious and Few"."
Bingo! She should have quit while she was ahead.
"OMG! That stupid song. I'm going to do a really nice thing and pass so one of my other
siblings can experience the joy that is Sonny. But if you get tickets to see David Cassidy, call me first. He's still do-able."

No comments: