Tuesday, April 17, 2007

i can your face still shining through the window on the other side

Maybe it's just me, but a "wrap around snow" looks exactly the same as any other snow I've ever seen. It's just more offensive when it shows up in mid-April. We got about two-three inches last night, but thankfully, it warmed up during the night and it's melting. Driving was really harrowing around suppertime yesterday, though, especially
with *most* law abiding citizens *cough* *cough* having their studded tires off.
Hopefully this will be the end of this winter stupidity.

I'm bummed that COPS isn't on this weekend, but next weekend...TWO BRAND NEW SHOWS!!! Whooo hoooo!!

Went to the chiropractor today and my lower back was out of place. OY the pain when he worked on that! It feels soooo much better now.

While I was at the chiropractor's office, I was watching some coverage of the shootings that took place in Virginia yesterday. One of the college officials outlined what would be taking place in their news conference and he said that he was going to set forth ways for them to "move forward." That just struck me the wrong way. Some of these parents haven't even been notified yet, and he's talking about "moving forward" as if it's all behind them now. I think he should have been discussing ways to help the students deal with their feelings of helplessness and anger and sorrow. IMHO, it's way too soon to talk about "moving forward." The sad thing is people immediately start looking for someone to blame: the police, the school officials, campus police, etc. The only one to blame is the asshole murderer. It's a sad situation all around and I pray God gives these families and students the strength to deal with what has happened. I hope that schools learn from this tragedy and begin to put as much money into campus warning systems and student safety as they put into their sports programs.

4 comments:

Shrink wrapped scream said...

Oh girl,

I am soo with you, on that one.

Glad your backs better (how did you put it out,and was he worth it, or is that too personal to answer??)

*Goddess* said...

Oh gawd, SWS, the chiro is worth it... every 6 weeks! LOL. He told me that it's usually sitting a lot or bad posture that causes it to go out. I would say bad posture is my problem. I try to sit up straight, but when I'm parked in front of the computer, I have a tendency to sit like the hunchback of Notre Dame;)

BRUNO said...

Huh, mine goes bad when I try to do too much f---FLYING!!!

After all, I actually COULD be Superman! In disguise, of course!

*Goddess* said...

Yeah, I'm SURE that "f" stood for "flying," Bruno. I hate to give away a female trade secret, but the reason OUR backs never go out during sex is because we let you guys do alllll the WORK:)