Friday, April 27, 2007

everybody's working for the weekend

Again, at the risk of stepping on Jay's toes, today is "take your sons and daughters to work day."
Luckily for my offspring, I have to cover for Overtime Hawg today. So I'm loading them all into the Kia and taking them to work with me. What a fabulous idea. I think they should rename this day: "make the offspring do your work day."

I watched "Night At The Museum" yesterday and I loved it. I give it a five out of five. I didn't care about the lame subplot about the robbery or the lame subplot with the ex-wife, but I LOVED the special effects and seeing the exhibits come to life.
Robin Williams was great, kind of what you expect Teddy Roosevelt to be like. Extra credit for using a FatBoy Slim song in the movie, too. I loved the part where Dick Van Dyke was showing Stiller's character around and he scared the shit out of him by jumping out of an exhibit, then said, "Seriously, though, no fooling around in here." LOL.
Bruno, if you like all the animated stuff, you might like this one, too.

8 comments:

BRUNO said...

OK, since YOU brought it up---the wife says the same thing, that we MUST get this one!!! So, obviously, I'm workin' on it! We never rent 'em, if we think it's a good one, we buy it! Out of 300+ selections in the past 20 years, I'd give us both a 90% approval rating on our choices!

Of course, for HER, the deciding factor was Robin Williams, too!

Mushy said...

Robin was on Ellen this morning and both were hilarious!

In a Jack Nickelson voice he said, "Come on Ellen, give it a shot - might be your last chance!" I thought that was great.

Yeah...I watch Ellen and I think she is very funny, innovative, and creative. I loved the house tour bit as well, especially the 15 in a shower and the pretending to be a statue!

*Goddess* said...

I saw the commercial for Robin's appearance, Mushy, but I forgot about the show. I usually switch to the Daily Show and the Colbert Report during that time slot.

I'm surprised at how good a serious actor Robin Williams is, Bruno. He's always so goofy that it's hard to remember that he's put in such great performances like the one in Good Morning Vietnam.

*Goddess* said...

Lemme know how ya liked the movie, Bruno.

BRUNO said...

You say, Good Morning, Vietnam was one of his SERIOUS movies? Oh, OK! Maybe for a total of 15 minutes! The rest, even though it was TOTAL FICTION about Adrian Cronauer, was typical Robin, indeed!

I don't like him in his totally-serious movies, won't even start to watch one of his like that! Even with the serious theme of his "Patch Adams" character, he STILL makes it into a "hoot"!

BRUNO said...

And yeah, even I watch Ellen occasionally! But I won't piss in the rain to see Oprah! When she's on, the tube is OFF! And it has absolutely NOTHING to do with her color! It's the PERSON that I can't stomach!

*Goddess* said...

Yeah, I remember Good Morning was funny as well.

BTW, guys, I hope you know that if you're watching Ellen, The View and The Young and The Restless are not far behind!!!!

Shrink wrapped scream said...

Sweet loving Jesus, you weren't joking when you said you were back, girl! You write one hurricane of a post .. where to start? Okay, Robin Williams is my fav. I took my mum, year she died (I don't think it was his fault, but with her you could never be sure..) to see "The Fisher King". We had to leave after the two guys naked scene - shit, how was I s'posed to know the plot in advance??

We don't take our kids to work here, the Brits prefer to keep a healthy distance from their off-spring, where ever possible..

Aw shit, I'm gonna have to go back in and re-read the rest again, 'cos my brain can't retain that much in one bite (I'm blonde, it's genetic).