I watched Brokeback Mountain this evening and I have to say this was one of thee most boooooring movies I've seen in a long time. I give it a 1/2 out of five.
I couldn't believe how slowly it moved. I must have checked the DVD clock about ten times to figure out how many more minutes were left in it.
Some of my thoughts on the movie:
1. There was a HELL of a lot of cigarette smoking going on in this movie.
2. They may have been short on food while sheepherding but there was no shortage of whiskey and cigarettes.
3. I can't believe Ennis' wife kept her mouth shut all that time, and
4. More importantly, I can't believe she encouraged him to marry again KNOWING the pain his relationship inflicted on her. Why would she do that to another woman?
5. I think the ONLY reason this movie was so popular was because it depicted gay sex between two well known Hollywood actors.
6. The sheep were purdy.
I watched it to the end--and HELLO!--couldn't understand Heath Ledger's last words. UGH. I hate it when actors mutter their way through scenes. Anybody remember what he said?
If this would have been a gay porn flick I would have bailed on it twenty minutes into the movie. Yeah, it was *that* much of a snooze fest for me.