Wednesday, March 21, 2007

floating away

Yesterday I did something that I haven't done in AGES--I went shopping. I haven't been
to the mall since August. Have I mentioned I *hate* to shop for clothes? I do.
More importantly, I hate to take my time when I shop, but today I relaxed and spent money till my wallet started to bleed tears.
Which didn't take long, believe me.
I also got my hair chopped. Finally. I've been in pony tail mode for about two and a half months.
You know how weird things carry over from childhood, and you do them over and over without even thinking about it?
Well, we were never allowed to get our hair cut "professionally" when I was growing up. My mother always did it and in order to not have to do it as often, she'd cut it mega short. TO THIS DAY, when I'm going to get my hair cut, she'll say, "Get it cut short. It'll last longer." No, it won't. I'll just look like a doofus longer. But anyway, I put off getting my hair cut "professionally" because I feel guilty spending money on something like that. Just like the whole underwear situation. I bought TWO--count 'em ---TWO packs of underwear today, marking the first time in MY ENTIRE LIFE, I've owned more than eight pair of underwear. I now own FIFTEEN pair!!!!!
No more calling Mr. G on Saturday and begging him to do laundry cuz I'm down to my last pair of gutchies. I'm living LARGE, baby. I *even* bought myself two lacy pair of those boyshorts underwear. I love those things. But I felt incredibly guilty paying more than $5 for one pair of underwear.

While I was shopping, I wandered into the B.Dalton bookstore. I'm wondering how that place even stays open. I was the only person in there besides the two employees, and I can't even remember the last time I bought a book there. I usually opt for used books/vids on Amazon any more.
I was going to treat myself to a brand spanking new book, but there were none with lawmen on the front. Yes, that was my only requirement, and sadly, they couldn't meet it.

2 comments:

Loving Annie said...

Good Wednesday morning, Rebecca !
Hope the haircut turned out cute !
And nice shopping trip --I love getting new undies ! I'm a Victoria's Secret girl because of their 3 for 2 sales...
I've wondered about the demise of bookstores because of the internet.. I hope they survive. I love Barnes & Noble ! E-books aren't the same as sitting down on the couch and reading, either...

*Goddess* said...

We don't have like a cafe/bookshop place here. I think that would be rather nice.

I have a heck of a time reading online, and I don't know of any Ebooks that I've purchased because of that. The computer is too distracting. I like to lay in bed with the pooch and read under the covers;) Too bad they don't have a cafe/bed/bookshop...LOL!