Friday, March 30, 2007

color my world

Here are you "Are You Smarter Than" questions for the week....
1. 3rd grade science: What's the lowest layer of the earth's atomosphere? Mesosphere, Thermosphere, or Troposphere
Last night's guy lost on the first question...
2. 4th grade U.S. geography: What is the Southern most U.S. state?
3. 3rd grade world geography: what is the world's longest river?
4. 2nd grade measurements: how many feet are in a mile?
5. 5th grade astronomy: The planet Mars has how many moons?
6. 1st grade animal science: true or false? the koala is a marsupial.
7. 1st grade grammar: How many proper nouns are in the following sentence: "In Oaklahoma, Oprah met our ostrich Ozzy."
8. 3rd grade math: How many of the interior angles of a scalene triangle have the same number of degrees?
9. 4th grade U.S. history: What is the most common first name among U.S. Presidents?
Jeff Foxworthy SERIOUSLY needs to STOP faking up the drama. He sucks at it.

I totally switched gears with the vids and watched "Over The Hedge" today. I loved it. Thomas Hayden Church was great as the zealous exterminator. And William Shatner as the overly dramatic possum was hilarious, especially when he poked fun at his own bad acting. Now I'm switching gears again--no pun intended--with my next choice, Brokeback Mountain.

My desktop computer, which is about 7 years old, has a 6.7 gig hard drive. My laptop has 80 gigs. The only problem with having a bigger hard drive is that you dl everything under the sun. Consequently, virus scans take FOREVER.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you using Norton still? If so, forget about that programme and download the free Avast Antivirus. Joe preinstalls it on all the computers he builds in addition to loading it on customers' machines after he cleans them up and also recommends it left, right and centre to all his customers and walk-ins. It catches something like 80% of all new shit floating out there now. And it's continuously updated so you always have the latest fixes. And it's FREE unlike that bloated piece of shit that's so desperately outdated, Norton. Oh, and it's a really small file so you won't find it takes up much space or resources, again, unlike the bloated pig we call Norton.

Stacey

*Goddess* said...

Gawd, no, I HATE Norton, but I only hate it as much as I hate McAfee, which is what I had. I let that expire and I signed up for the free version of PC Tools antivirus which updates every day, too. Does Joe know if they're any good? If not I'll switch to Avast. I did a Norton online check yesterday and again, nothing came up. I'm wondering if the problem isn't either interference from my Trillian program or the Google desktop.
Thanks, Stacey.

Anonymous said...

Google desktop, eh....? Yeah, well... hate to tell you this, but that programme has wrecked as much havoc with computers as any trojan. It's a fucking pain in the ass and will only clog your system resources whenever it can. I would turn it off or uninstall it if I were you. In fact, I did. I had it for about three days when I got so frustrated I started swearing at my computer when Joe told me what was causing the problems. Turn it off or disable it temporarily to see if it isn't the issue at hand. If it isn't, try to switch to Avast anyway since it's far superior to all the rest and it's free. It's the only antivirus programme Joe will use or recommend out all of them. And yes a study was done and of the freebies, Avast came out on top. PC Tools didn't even rank in its class because it's widely known to suck like a Hoover. Sorry.

McAfee, again like Norton, is another useless, outdated, bloated pig. Avoid it at all costs, people.

Stacey

*Goddess* said...

Thanks muchly, Stacey! I dumped both programs and got Avast;)

And yeah, I knew McAfee sucked as much as Norton, but it came with the computer and I just renewed it last year. Ironically, I probably would have stuck with it this year had McAfee not taken it upon itself to charge my card without my permission...totally pissed me off, but obviously it worked out for me;)