Tuesday, February 20, 2007

you're not the boss of me now

What a joke. WWE founder Vince McMahon has a bet with Donald Trump concerning the upcoming Wrestlemania 23.
Each will pick a wrestler to represent them in the ring, and the loser must get his head shaved. If people haven't figured out by now
that wrestling outcomes are decided in advance, I've got some oceanfront property in Pennsylvania to sell.

Wow. What a difference a day makes. Sunday night when we went for a walk it was a screaming 13° and wiiiideee. Monday night it was 35° and calm. Today it's a downright balmy 45°.

Wow. She *is* psychic! Overtime Hawg got the days of the funeral correct last week,
even though they hadn't "pulled the plug," as she so lovingly put it, until Saturday.

The Committee on Military Spending is now opening a two year study to determine where
$12 BILLION U.S. dollars disappeared in Iraq. Their excuse? Iraquis have lousy accounting practices and it was "wasted through inefficiency." First they talked about how the money got to Iraq, keeping in mind it was $12 billion CASH to kickstart their postwar economy.
"The Fed Reserve bank in NY had to pack individual bills including more than 107 $100 bills onto wooden pallets to be shipped to Iraq."
The money was then made into "bricks" equaling $400k each and put onto a C 1 Cargo plane. Kind of ironic that after all this careful planning, they just so happen to lose all the money once it gets to Iraq.
My favorite comment was from Rep. Darrell Issa, who is apparently floating in money, "I might also like to put it into perspective for the committee
what $12 billion dollars is. It certainly seems like a lot of money when you put it into $100 bills and put it on forklifts."
F that, Darrell. It seems like a lot of money sitting in my bank account, too. What an ass. Another Republican tried to point out that there was a lot of wasteful spending in FDR's term, also. Well, that really makes it ok.

If it's true that the salon where Brit whacked off her hair is auctioning it off on eBay, the owners are disgusting.
They said they will "probably" auction it off for charity. Meaning they're "probably" going to wait and see what the public reaction to this news is.
They should show some class and donate that hair to the organization that makes wigs for cancer patients. Bugs informed me that ebay has yanked this and the salon started their own website, which includes an email address. So I emailed them and said this very thing, that if they had any class, they'd donate that hair to wigs for cancer patients.

Lordy, I *hate* dealing with the Verizon tech support monkeys. I was having trouble logging onto the
internet on Sunday, so I called tech support and a recorded message said the internet was down in my area.
At that point, the DSL light was steady green and the internet light was red.
A short time later the DSL light was blinking green and the internet light was out.
The last time I had a problem with it, the chick told me that a blinking DSL light meant a hardware problem with the jacks or the phone.
So I called Verizon and got a non-English speaking tech support person, of course. The very first thing I said to him was that the DSL light on my modem was blinking, but that there was an outage in my area, I wasn't sure the internet was back on and could that light be blinking because of it? He said, "Ma'am, you can't connect to the internet because there's a hardware problem, that's why the light is blinking." I said, "There's an outage in *name of my city* could that be why it's blinking?" He totally ignores me and says, "Let me put you through some tests." Ok, now FOUR TIMES during this conversation I told him about the outage and asked if the internet was back on in my area yet.
He puts me through all these asshole tests, then he tells me that he's putting in an open ticket, blah blah, the tech guys will be calling me to schedule an appointment to come out to the house. So for the FIFTH and final time, I said, "Ok, I'm going to ask you this ONE MORE TIME, could this have anything to do with the internet outage that's currently going on in my area?" He says, "Let me check, " and once again disappears for five or six minutes. Then he comes on and says, "Ma'am, there's an outage in your area, and you're affected by it. That's why the DSL light is blinking. Because your internet service has been disrupted." At that point, let me just say that it's a good thing my mother taught me some manners or I would have blistered his ear with my swearing. I said, "SIR. I asked you THAT VERY QUESTION when we began this conversation. Did you not hear me?" He said, "Oh, I'm sorry, I just got the updated information," which means NOTHING. You know, sometimes I wonder: if I have a hella hard time understanding someone with an Indian accent, do they have a hella hard time understanding ME?!

2 comments:

Mushy said...

Don't you just hate it - been there done that with Comcast, AT&T, and countless others over the years.

Fathairybastard said...

Some of that money burned up when a C-130 went down. Toast. Otherwise, 12 billion getting misplaced in a 12 trillion economy, explains why we can't seem to ballance the books.