Saturday, February 10, 2007

stumbling into ecstasy

Bugs and I were emailing back and forth about the strangeness that is going on in the Anna Nicole tragedy.
I was telling her that I listened to ANS's sister (half sister?) Donna Hogan on tv yesterday. While I expected to hear SOMETHING along the lines of
"I'm sorry we never had the chance to make peace," it was more like "every time she acted out publicly, our lives were disrupted." I'm sure it's difficult
when one family member is a celeb and everybody wants to hear about them, I'm sure you would feel invisible.
But I guess I expected a little more sympathy than that.
Her sister said they often had to leave their home for a few weeks at a time when ANS did something "newsworthy" because the media would be camped outside their door.

I've already informed my siblings, all my exes, and my offspring, that if one of them becomes wildly
popular, I'll sell them out to the press in a heartbeat.
Oh, yeah, I'll be that bucktoothed, trailer trash relative that goes on Entertainment Tonight and
says stuff like, "I don't like to tell tales out of school, BUT...pull up a chair and make yourself comfy. We're gonna be here awhile."

I was thinking about my grandma the other day--my dad's mom--and how when I was little I used to think she was rich.
Here's my reasoning: they had a color tv, while we had a black and white. Grandma used to serve us
beans and weenies for lunch, BUT they were not the "homemade" ones like my mom made by slicing a hot dog into baked beans.
Grandma would buy the beans with the weenies already in them. And last but certainly not least, Grandma would always
give us the more expensive oyster crackers with our tomato soup. Nosirree! We didn't have to crumble up those square crackers like po' people did.

1 comment:

Loving Annie said...

Sometimes the selfishness and insensitivity of people is amazing...
Whatever ANS' problems/acting out decisions were, she paid a heavy price for them all throughout her life, occasional glamour or not.
No-one dies at 39 of an overdose because of living a peaceful, contented, well-balanced life... With family like that,I bet she felt really really alone...
May she rest in peace, regardless.