Friday, February 23, 2007

smells of teen spirit....and pepe lepew

I love those commercials for eHarmony where they ask the couples what they
love about each other. Most of them say, "I love everything about him/her."
What a lazy cop out. Nobody loves EVERYTHING about their spouse.
That would mean they love her PMS and his farting.
If I was on that commercial talking about our relationship, I'd be all, "Well, I love his big schwang.
I'm not the least bit wild about the scratching in public, but he's learned to overlook my idiosyncrasies."

Poor Holly. It snowed about five inches last night and was blowing something fierce all night
with temps in the low teens. So you'd THINK any animal with a lick of sense would stay in hibernation, riiiiight?
Wrong.
Mr. G took Holly out to do her duty around 2:30 a.m. and the dawg ran nose first into a skunk.
She didn't get sprayed really bad, but she was quite the subdued pup when he brought her back into the house. I was really surprised because I didn't think skunks were out this time
of year. Naturally we were out of Skunk Off, so I got on the internet and found a natural remedy.
(Yes, at 2:30 in the morning I'm sitting in at the computer butt naked looking for skunk smell remedies...) I mixed white vinegar, baking soda and Dawn, and it took the scent away almost right away, but as soon as her fur dried the smell came back. The other optional ingredient was hydrogen peroxide instead of white vinegar, and Mr. G called me a few minutes ago and said hydrogen peroxide works much better than the white vinegar.
Well, dang. Now he tells me.
When I'm at work.
And Holly's at home.
Stinking up the place.
I would like to say that I'm SURE she's learned her lesson, but our last dog got
sprayed FOUR TIMES in one summer before she learned not to chase the black "cats" with the white stripe down their backs.

2 comments:

Loving Annie said...

Rebecca,
you poor thing ! Up at 2:30 trying to give Holly a bath -- and having it missing an ingredient...

Peeeeeu !

You're gonna have to open the windows for an hour when you get home and freeze in order to let the place air out...

Hope you and Mr. G have a great weekend.

Rebecca said...

I actually had the peroxide, Anne, but the site said you could use either and using peroxide might cause bleaching. After all that, the last thing I needed was a black Lab turned white...LOL! I figured poor Holly had suffered enough humiliation;)