Wednesday, February 28, 2007

island breeze

I don't know why it took me so long to figure it out, but I finally realized that ANS's mother determination to get custody of her daughter's body and be named closest living relative probably has more to do with the child custody case than any need to take her daughter's body back home. It just doesn't make sense otherwise. I'm guessing maybe a court would look more favorably on her when it comes to custody if she was given custody of the body.

The other night I stopped in at my mom and dad's and heard the three words every grown child dreads, "Come watch 'Wheel'."
Oh, yeah, 30 minutes with Pat and Vanna. There's a half hour of my life I'll never get back.

Somebody left this comment on my site: "I don't know who you are, what you look like, how old you are, or anything else about you... but I think I'm in love! The way you write you are so real that I can't help but like ya. And no I'm not some perv...I just like smart, down-to-earth people."
You just know that guy will never be back.
Wasn't that nice? And it wasn't even me leaving comments to myself. Although, hmmm, now
that I think about it, I've been so lax about leaving flattering comments to myself.

Last night was the debut of FOX's "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader" Here are the questions:
"In what month do we observe Columbus Day?"
"True or False? In the wild polar bears typically feed on penguins."
"If a triangle has an area of 16 square inches and a base of 8 inches, how long is it's height?"
"Who was the first US President to be impeached?"
"Name the ship the pilgrims sailed from Plymouth, England to the Plymouth Colony in American in 1610."
"Part of a person's sleep cycle is called the REM cycle. What does REM stand for?"
No cheating and I'll post the answers later. The show is waaaay too slow. They only got through these 6 questions in 30 minutes.
I think it would be more interesting if one kid played against one adult, not kids helping the adults to win.
Hey screw the adults if they don't remember this sort of stuff. Lord knows I certainly don't.

2 comments:

Dustin said...

Dont know about columbus day, never paid attention to it anyways.

False, polar bears and penguins are in different areas.

I failed math for good reason.

No idea on the ship...does that really matter? I mean hell, a least they made it, no matter what the ship was called!

REM stands for Rapid Eye Movement.

Rebecca said...

You did much better than I did, Dustin;) I got the polar bear q right along with the pilgrim one and another one half right. Ugh. Scary how much you forget...