Friday, February 02, 2007

finally friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some days it doesn't pay to get out of bed.

Tim and Felicia's latest possible baby name is Harlan Ellison. I like that name.
I like Harlan Ellis a bit better, though. I wanted to have twin boys and name them Zachary and Zebedy.

Up on Gobbler's Knob--no sex jokes, please-- disgruntled FAUX Punxsutawney Phil did NOT see his shadow, so there will be an early spring in PA.
Could they have drawn it out any longer than they did? UGH. They intro'ed every doggone person on the dais,
and said, "Are you ready?" to the crowd about 500 times. BTW, that was NOT the same Punxy Phil they had last year. This one looked like a baby.
In keeping with tradition, though, the groundhog did piss all over the handler, and RIGHTLY SO! I'd piss all over them, too, if they yanked me out of a nice warm sleep.

Speaking of me, I decided to run for President. Hell, why not? Everyone else is. Then I realized I'd have to leave the trailer and quickly withdrew my application and went back to bed.

Is the truth always the best? There's a scandal currently playing out in San Francisco that is the direct result of
a woman confessing to an affair that happened in January 2005. San Francisco mayor Gavin Newsom,
who btw, is incredibly hott but that doesn't give him an excuse for being a skank, has been accused of having
an affair with his friend/campaign manager's wife. Ruby Rippek-Tourek confessed as part
of her rehab program, and the mayor says the allegations are true.
Now several people have been hurt by
this revelation, and I have to wonder, if telling the truth is always a smart idea, even when it's part of your rehab?
It's really interesting, too, to read comments like "as long as he does his job, I don't care what he does in private."
Cheating and sneaking around behind a friend's back shows a decided lack of morals, and
people are naive enough to think this dishonesty won't carry over into other areas of the man's life? Puhleeze.

There was an article on MSN about women breastfeeding in public. I don't get why some people are so
offended by it, but I believe the author of the piece who says that women are usually the most critical of all.
Personally, I think it should be a private thing, but when your baby is hungry, your baby is hungry.
Which would you rather have near you: a screaming baby or a well fed baby?
If it were me, I'd more than likely use a rest room to breastfeed, but when you're on an airplane or some public place, you
should be permitted to breast feed without being hassled. It amuses me that people see
no problem with women exposing their breasts on tv or in magazines, but attach a
baby's mouth to that same breast and they're outraged at the indecency of it all.
Watching a woman breast feed is like watching tv: if you don't like what you see, nobody's forcing you to watch.

5 comments:

Ron Southern said...

Are you just having a hoot with the Labels now? At this rate, you'll soon have thousands of categories, and no one would be able to get through the list! I thought I was bad to have too many "groups of one" in my list, but you're the Goddess of Labels!

Goddess said...

Yes, I'm having a blast with the labels and "my ass" is going on every damn entry! LOL.

I wasn't using them before, but now that I see I'm getting hits to my blog from the tags, I'm using the hell out of 'em;)

Anonymous said...

Hands down, you nailed those hypocritical bitches and men when it comes to breastfeeding. Every one of your points hits the nail on the head. For years I have been just as perplexed out society's love of shoving the virtues of babymaking and esp. breastfeeding down each woman's throat as if she's a monster if she doesn't or can't squeeze out Hope diamonds or breastfeed each one of them while complaining that men objectify us based on our bodies and esp. tits. Look, you all can't have it both ways. You are either pro-body or you aren't. Either you are comfortable enough to tell other women how to live their lives and reproduce and mother, or you're not. Either you accept that a woman who has babies will want to breastfeed or you just shut the fuck up and mind your own business. Look away if it bothers you so fucking much. Think of it this way, you're out to lunch in public eating, so why begrudge the brats from eating at the same time?!? Fucktards. Every one of them.

Stacey

Goddess said...

The fact that women are the ones who get the most pissed leads me to believe they're worried their guy might get an eyeful for free. Pathetic, but I'm really sensing that's the reason. If anything other women should be more supportive to the issue.

Mushy said...

I sure hope you run...I vote for you over Bitch Clinton anytime.

I have no problem with breastfeeding in public as long as I get a taste!