Monday, February 12, 2007

and the whole world smiles with you

DISH did exactly what I thought they would do. While Court TV is now back on their line-up, it's been bumped up to the second tier of programming.
I am soooo glad I didn't sit around with my thumb up my ass waiting for Court TV to return because I didn't have this higher tier of programming, and I am sooo happy with Direct TV, which offers MANY more channels for just a couple dollars more each month than DISH does.

Samantha Bee, on Lisa Nowak's "space oddity" adventures: "Jon, a lot of women these
days have a problem balancing career and family....with being crazy."

I've mentioned before that I drive through a neighborhood that is well known for it's many "in home pharmacetical businesses." Usually the folks
employ the "red light, green light" system of letting people know when it's safe to buy. And maybe what's available for sale, I don't know. I'm not that drug savvy.
Anyway, they're getting a little more creative now. When I went past the house yesterday, they had a SpongeBob SquarePants hanging from the front door.
This morning, it was a Strawberry Shortcake. Great thinking, guys.
NOBODY is going to notice a HUGE Strawberry Shortcake doll hanging from your front door in the winter.

I know people say "We Built This City" was a huge commercial sell out for Starship, but I love that song, damn it!

The movie "Music and Lyrics" looks stupid, but I love the part of the trailer where Grant and Berrymore are
writing lyrics and she says, "I've been sleeping with a clown above my bed."
Then she says, "That doesn't make sense. Why would you sleep with a clown above your bed?"

Ok, what gives with all these black guys playing chicks in their movies?
Eddie Murphy, Tyler Perry, several of the Wayans and Martin Lawrence have all played black women in their films/on tv.
Is this about creativity or getting in touch with their cross dressing selves?

1 comment:

bugs said...

Rest assured, my ass will get hit with bad weather before yours does.