Saturday, January 06, 2007

my words are cold and flat, and you deserve more than that

I love the "idiot articles" on MSN. As in "you'd have to be an idiot to NEED this article." Today's
was something along the lines of "should you post personal information on your website." DUH. I can't for the life of me figure out why people put their real name on their site, name of the place they work, blah blah, then post information they don't want the entire world to read, because that's what's going to happen. More importantly, I can't believe anyone would need an article to tell them it's not a wise idea.
Ok, I'm off to finish my article, "Should You Put Sugar In Your Gas Tank?"

Hum the song "We're Not Gonna Take It" from Twisted Sister while you read through this first paragraph...

So I'm looking into getting Direct TV. I just wish I wasn't under contract for my
Verizon high speed cuz damn, Direct TV includes internet for just $10 a month! I'm currently paying $16.
I called Dish and since I've been with them for four (long) years, I'm no longer under contract with them. I also
read some interesting things about them this morning. Supposedly they are going to raise their rates again next month, and apparently
they went through this channel dropping with Lifetime Movies in the past. It was available in the cheaper packages
and suddenly it was dropped, then reappeared only in the more expensive package. Now here's the interesting
thing. Dish said it offered to put Court TV in the most expensive package, and at this point, they've refused, which means I wouldn't get it anyway, and
more than likely, that's the route they're trying to go. I'm not hanging around for months to find out.
Dish has till the end of January, and if Court TV isn't back, I'm outtie. We're not gonna take it anymore!


I dreamt I was in a movie theater full of snakes last night. Thank you, Mike South, for
talking to me about movies and Snakes on a Plane before I went to bed...

Along with a bunch of other tripe, Britney posted this on her website, " I am now more mature and feel like I am finally "free."
Yeah, free of underwear and good judgement. If this is "more mature," God only knows what "infantile" would look like.

I just realized I never talked about our Christmas. Probably because I was so overwhelmed by all my wonderful gifts. I told the offspring
they were not permitted to buy me: Chia Pets or "grandma sweatshirts". Those are the kind that are decorated with leaves or flowers or goofy sayings like, "Love isn't love until you give it away."
So naturally I received 16 "grandma sweatshirts" and 16 Chia Pets. Next year, I'm forbidding them to buy me diamonds.

For the life of me, I cannot figure out why my offspring are such horrible procrastinators. This is January 6th and we are *still* wading through tons of torn Christmas wrapping paper from their gifts in the living room! I got so mad this morning that I yelled, "Look! I'm sick and tired of all this damn Christmas wrapping paper and empty boxes laying around! I am going outside to take down the Thanksgiving decorations and so help me God, when I get back, this living room better be spotless!"

5 comments:

greg said...

Seriously funny! I am so going to be a regular reader starting today.

Goddess said...

Thanks, Greg;)

Mushy said...

"Direct TV includes internet for just $10 a month" - really? What is the equipment cost?

My B&L said it would cost him $250 to get sat-net. I'll have to pass this on.

The Enforcer said...

Goddess, I think I gotcha beat, I still have a lifesized pirate skeleton on my front porch, I got all the Haloween stuff down and totally forgot him. If its up to me he's staying out there as my greeter.
Come over to Direct TV, I have had the best luck with them. I highly reccomend them. And I just stumbled onto "beach patrol" I love that show.

Goddess said...

Mushy, when we originally got Dish the guy told us internet was so outrageous they weren't even going to carry it in our area. If you look on directtv.com, it says internet is an extra $10. I guess equipment costs would depend on what you're getting. I don't want a dvr cuz that's a monthly cost to that. I just want to buy my receiver outright.

LOL! I can just imagine what the neighbors think of your skelton, Frank! I didn't like Beach Patrol at first and sometimes it gets repetitive, but the cops are hot;) Yeah, we're definitely getting Direct, it's just a matter of when now. My next Dish bill comes due at the beginning of the month, so that's probably when it'll happen. AND I'll get FX in the same doggone package! I want to see Rescue Me.