Sunday, December 24, 2006

please have snow and mistletoe and presents under the tree

I can see by my handy dandy Christmas calendar below that there's only one more day till Christmas. Sure I could have just subtracted the 24th from the 25th, but that's a lot like math. It just doesn't SEEM like Christmas here since it's been in the 50's--almost 60's-- the last couple days. I'm hoping playing the Christmas music non-stop at high volume will make it more festive and Christmassy. Or we'll all go deaf trying, damn it!

My favorite Christmas songs this year are two new versions of old classics from Sarah McLachlan: "I'll Be Home For Christmas" and "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas."
She does a fabulous job with both songs.

Have you seen the new American Idol commercial? I can't stand the show, but the commercial is hilarious! (If only the show were half as fun...) It shows all the
players, Simon, Paula, Randy and the contestants as children. It's great.
I saw it for the first time during COPS last night.

2 comments:

Mushy said...

You and COPS! I bet you watch the Bounty Hunter too! Now, there's a hunk if ever there was one!

Goddess said...

Oddly no, I don't watch Bounty Hunter, and I don't even know why I'm so hung up on COPS. I just started watching it a few years ago and got hooked. Oh, yeah, wait. I just remembered why I love COPS: HUNKY GUYS!! LOL...it's my version of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit edition each and every week;)