Sunday, December 10, 2006

hollleeee shit

This post is courtesy of Bugs. If you love tacky Christmas decorations as much as I do--and Bugs does!--check out these houses.. I like #3 where they have everyone of the damn reindeer team on the roof.

On this page, hands down my favorite is #13. How in God's name they get all that crap up on the roof is beyond me! Mr. G said, "What happens if they get high winds?" I said, "Well, if you're anywhere near their yard, you'll run like hell...."

I must forward these links to Female Offspring #1. When she was little, her favorite phrase during the Christmas season was, "Yites! Is there more?" She'll find plenty here....ugh.

7 comments:

Cherrie said...

You know, it's fine to string a few lights outside and put up a tree, but I can't help but think it would be far more in keeping with the spirit of the season to donate $100 to your favorite charity than to put up such garish displays, and pay for the electricity to run them.

Just call me the Grinch . . .

Goddess said...

I agree....if for no other reason than I'd be too lazy to take the doggone things down;)

Anonymous said...

Good Sunday morning Goddess,
Clearly the Christmas Spirit is alive and well and the electricity company is thankful...
I love 'em. Tacky or not, I love it.
Must be because it seems so much sweeter to look at the lights than at the crowds in the mall...
Anne E.

Goddess said...

I just can't even IMAGINE taking all that crap down. For some reason it seems to go UP easier than it comes down...LOL;)

bugs said...

Because when it comes down, you can't just toss the lights into the boxes ala Clark W. Griswold. Well, you could but then that leads back to oh nevermind.....this could go round and round for days.

I was flipping through channels last night, and I saw the link on HGTV. cherrie, some of those homeowners spent thousands on electrical upgrades to the house in order to handle the power. There is a guy near us that blocks off the driveway and will allow you to come onto the property to see his minitures only if you bring a canned good or make a donation to the food bank...

Goddess said...

There's a commercial running right now and I don't know what store it's for, but the lady tells her husband she's going to the store and in the meantime, he can put out the lights. It shows him on the roof with a HUGGGGE ball of lights! LOL...it reminded me of why I don't like putting all that stuff out!

Cherrie said...

Bugs, I've heard of manic decorators with similar policies, and that makes the excess more palatable.