Wednesday, October 25, 2006

inferno

Hollywood has now decided that every movie containing a scene in which an actor smokes, will also contain a non-smoking ad.
They're hoping to reach teen audiences who might be influenced by the scenes.
They might, but I'm wondering what message the kids will take away from the ad? "Don't smoke" or "Do as I said, don't do as I do..."

OMG. I am OVER THE MOON, people. You know how I'm so looking forward to my "2006 Is My Costume Hott or Not A Palooza" tomorrow night?
My only concern was the children. Interacting with them and being around them, and how I could get out of that. You know how I feel about kids. I love them. From a distance.
I kept trying to figure out how I could pass out my Snicker bars without having the little rugrats come onto my stoop.
Yesterday while driving up and down the aisles of Rite Aid, I found this.
Now I shall sit on the stoop, behind my red velvet ropes, keeping the riff raff in the yard...where it belongs.

Keith writes, "Goddy, why you wanna stalk Dan Davis? After all, he's not a po po."
Keith, Keith, Keith, go back to jerking off while thinking about your married neighbor, will ya? I've decided that I need more pics of Dan before I can ...cough, cough...make up my mind about the stalking.
South, get your ass home and send them, will ya?


Why did I just KNOW the "famous celebrity" featured on Oprah that "lost weight, then hit rock bottom" was Carnie Wilson?
First Carnie whined about being fat, now she's whining about drinking. Can't we ever be happy with our lot in life?
Then again, I'd have nothing to blog about if that were the case! Whine on, Carnie.
Supposedly alcohol centers are seeing gastric bypass patients in "record numbers". I guess instead of eating all day long,
they turn to drinking all day long. It's called being a "transfer addict" and it's very easy to see how that happens.
I'm sure they're also seeing "record numbers" of bypass patients because the surgery is so popular now.
I applaud Carnie's husband for issuing her an ultimatum about her drinking because
so many spouses don't know how to deal with it and they go along for the ride.
He told her that they couldn't start a family unless she sobered up, which is great because children do not deserve to be dragged through that mess.
While most people hate the thoughts of good old fashioned sweat and exercise along with a sensible diet, I guess
it really IS the best thing because you're getting used to the new you gradually instead of having to do it almost overnight.


Now I'd like to promise you I won't watch or mention any more Okra this week, but I MUST watch her interview with Madonna today, and I'll tell you why.
My two favorite people to watch getting interviewed are Madge and Janet Jackson. Both are totally defensive in different ways. Both will tell you nothing more than she wants you to know. And both need a good hard bitch slap.
Suppose Oprah says to Janet Jackson, "Are your boobs real?"
Janet would give her that shy look out of one eye--because she usually has a huge hank of hair hanging in her face, obscuring half of her face.
Then she'd glance down, giggle and say ever so softly, "What do you think, Oprah?"
I can almost hear Oprah screaming inside her own head.
Now suppose Oprah said the same thing to Madonna. Madonna would look at her and say, "As real as your "friendship" with Gayle." MEOW!!
And while Madonna pretends to be gracious during interviews, she's very stiff, even more so now that she's found God and turned British.
It's clear that Oprah isn't allowed to get all cosy with her. But I did find it hilarious that Madge
gave her good pal O a watch. And I know this because as infrequently as I watch Oprah, I've heard
her mention this watch like 50 times now. She'll mention it at the DUMBEST times, too.
"....and that's the horrible situation in the Sudan. When my friend Madonna gave me this watch--that I really like--I knew then that
it was time to stop the senseless violence in the world." Oy. She ALWAYS qualifies the statement
with "this watch (flashes it) --that I really like" as if Madge might be watching.
Impossible since Madge doesn't have a tv and doesn't believe in tv......unless she's pimping one of her own pet projects.

I cannot believe Rush Limbaugh called Michael J Fox "shameless" for allegedly exaggerating the symptoms of his Parkinsons in a political ad for stem cell research.
In one of the ads, Fox tells voters what they do "matters to millions of Americans. Americans like me."
Showing people what Parkinsons looks like and putting a face to it is "shameless"?
My definition of "shameless" would be making statements like the following, knowing full well you are a pain pill addict:
"What this says to me is that too many whites are getting away with drug use, too many whites are getting away with drug sales, too many whites are getting away with trafficking in this stuff. The answer to this disparity is not to start letting people out of jail because we're not putting others in jail who are breaking the law. The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too."
Now THAT's the face of shameless, Rush Limbaugh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rush Limbaugh is such a fucking lying douchebag. I couldn't have been more proud of MJF for that ad when I saw it, so imagine my anger when I read this crap from Mr. Viagara a few days after the ad hit the 'net. I was livid. What a fucking hypocrite. I mean, this is the fucker who had a cochlear implant so he wouldn't have to live with deafness. Who the fuck is he to slag any efforts to research a cure or treatment for a horrible disease when he immediately had the implant the second he lost his hearing?!? I want to club him over the head like a baby seal for this one, the fucker.

Lilly

frhe sjgg said...

Oh gawd, girl, you are a CRACK-UP !!!!! And here I just thought you had a thing for hot men...

That'll teach me to learn a little bit more beofre I stop on one certain blog page and drool there....

Bye for now. Until you make me roll around laughing tomorow.

Yours truly,
Anne Elizabeth