Monday, September 11, 2006

next stop chi'town lido put the money down let her roll

Yesterday was the first time I've attempted to watch the coverage of 9/11 and clearly I'm still not ready.
I can't even fathom going to see a movie about it.
I turned in for the moment of silence but as soon as I started seeing images of it, I had to turn it off.
I slept in the morning of September 11th, 2001, and woke to several messages on my answering machine from
a friend from California asking me if I was ok and telling me to turn on my tv. I couldn't figure out the connection.
Later I realized he was referring to the plane that went down here in Pennsylvania, not that far from me.
When I turned on the tv, I had no idea what I was witnessing. It seemed like a horrible scene from a movie unfolding before my eyes.
And I watched and watched for days, hoping they were going to miraculously find all these people alive,
because that sort of stuff happens all the time in the movies, right?
Movies 1
Reality 0
I guess we have to be grateful for those who were found.
I've never been to the memorial in Shanksville even though it's not that far from where I live.
I *say* I want to see it, but something stops me from going.
I suspect it's the same thing that stops me from watching the 9/11 coverage.
Speaking of Shanksville, I can't believe those ASSHOLES from Fred Phelp's church in Wichita showed up at the
9/11 ceremony yesterday to protest.
They're the same IDIOTS who protest at military funerals and think all these deaths are about the U.S. accepting homosexuals.
Yes, with all of the horrible things taking place in this world God is sitting up in Heaven obsessing about who we have sex with.

I heard a news report today that said the majority of the people polled were willing to give up some personal freedoms in exchange for being more secure. What a bunch of shit.
We've given up a LOT of our personal freedoms and we are no more secure today than we were five years ago. Ironically, in the same poll, more people admitted to being afraid of attacks NOW than they did when surveyed previously.

Ok, on to other things....

You know what I would really like to see and I hope the weather folks accommodate me here.
The next time there's a threat of hurricane, I'd like one of the weather guys to stand outside in the wind so I can see how hard it's blowing. My blonde brain cannot wrap itself 60, 70, or 80 mph winds, and that would just be an excellent demonstration.
*Now if you'll excuse me, I need a moment to wipe the sarcasm from my keyboard. Otherwise it gets all sticky.*

I was really surprised to hear that not only did Anna Nicole give birth to her baby already,
but her grown son passed away, supposedly just three days after she gave birth.
Apparently he died IN her hospital room. He flew in to see her, then spent the night in a chair in her room, and when she tried to wake him, he was unresponsive. That is really sad.
Hopefully her new child will in some way comfort her while grieving for her son.
I've never read who fathered her new daughter.
As flaky as she is, she certainly can be closed mouthed about things when she wants to be.

John O'Hurley as the host of Family Feud? Awww, come on. Why did they fire Richard Karn? Sure he had a bit of difficulty coming up with jokes on the sly, but he was more down to earth and friendly towards the contestants than John is. John's too stiff. And not in a good way.

I heard a line on COPS tonight that I'd like to hear from a hott cop: "Spread your legs....." I try to behave, really I do. (Nah, I don't;)

There is a growing trend on the radio that really annoys me. You're listening to what you think is a "conversation" between the announcers but you're really listening to a scripted commercial. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!
They've been doing this sort of thing for diet aids for a while, and now they're expanding it to talk
about Atlantic Broadband's phone/cable deal and even area restaurants. Totally pisses me off because it's so damn sneaky. Until you've heard the same "conversation" ten times.

And that's my two cents.

4 comments:

Mushy said...

Like you, I am not ready to watch it yet - any of it.

Fathairybastard said...

I'm not interested ether. I CAN watch it, but it pisses me off too much. For all the stupid things the idiots want Bush impeached for, the one thing I'd go for is that he's distracted us all with Iraq and hasn't had Bin Laden and his bitch Al Zwahiri drug out of their hiding place and shot in the last five years. That should have been the entire purpose of his tenure in office. He blew it.

Not going to the movies. I'm sure they're good, and I'll see them some day. Those mother fuckers took our sense of security and peace of mind. We lived a VERY sheltered life here before 9/11, and it's gone for ever now. I'm sure we are safer today, relatively speaking, but we don't feel safer. I tell my students all the time, when it really comes down to it, perception is almost always more important than reality. Perception is what people live by. Those fuckers never should have had a rest, no matter who in Pakistan it pissed off. If they wanna die too, so be it. They should be hounded to the ends of the earth, the way the Romans did Hannibal. Fuckin' waves of B-52s until the job is done. Leave nothing standing.

My sister was living in Oklahoma city when that bombing happened. The next time I took the folks up to visit her we went to the monument and I was amazed at how it effected me. Amazed.

And the Anna Nicole thing is a huge tragedy. Poor bitch. Can't imagine that sort of thing coming at her in a moment of pure joy like that. Unbelievable. Just goes to show ya, but they haven't said anything yet about whether he was ODing on something. Very sad.

Ron Southern said...

Oh, you silly person, that was bound to be 20 cents worth!

Goddess said...

Anna Nicole's lawyer said drugs and alcohol were NOT involved, but ya know, with Mom as a role model, I don't think you can say that for sure until all the tests are back...

Yes, Ron, but I gave it to ya at a discount;)