Thursday, September 14, 2006

it's tough to have a crush when it only leaves you blue

There is so much injustice in this world. Do you remember when the police confiscated my beloved Hoveround and put her in Hoveround lock up because I rode her on the highway?
I pulled into the Dollar General parking lot after work yesterday and the cop that took my baby
away from me was chit chatting to some woman on a motorized scooter.
I walked over and said, "Why haven't you taken HER scooter away from her? You know she drove that on the road."
He said, "She doesn't have any other reliable means of transportation."
I said, "Umm, HELLO?! Do ya see I'm driving a KIA? It doesn't get any more unreliable that than." Mutter, mutter.

I'm enjoying songs from the new band "OK, Go." The video for the song "Here It Goes Again" is rather interesting. It's done entirely on treadmills. Hell, I can barely stand upright and these guys are doing stunts on electric treads. My favorite song from them is, of course, "You're So Damn Hot" with "Here..." a close second.

I was riveted to my tv set the other day when the Today Show had parents on who felt their kids
were getting too much homework. [And when I say "riveted," I mean "not at all riveted". ]
The one mother said her 1st and 2nd graders had at least an hour of homework to do
every night, and 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders had two or three hours worth. Of course, the mothers thought this was too much homework, and way too stressful.
I find that rather interesting because I'm guessing the same kids have no problem sitting in front of the tv for several hours or playing video games for hours on end, yet devoting two or three hours to LEARNING is too stressful.

I bought Holly some chew sticks. The package label read, "Pork & Beef! The two flavors dogs love the most." Hmmm, I thought the two flavors dogs love the most were ass and peanut butter.

Yesterday was the United Way's Annual Day of Caring. I tried to find a needy cop and "care" for him, but it didn't work out the way I'd hoped. Sigh. I haven't been this disappointed since they explained how he "Adopt a Cop" program really works.

Speaking of the Today Show, I watched for a few minutes Wednesday when Meredith Viera was on for the first time and again a little yesterday. NBC is trying waaaaaay too hard to make them all seem like one big happy family. It's annoying and I'm quickly reminded as
to why I don't watch the Today Show unless my boss is watching or I'm in a doctor's office with no access to the remote.

I was reading an article in the paper yesterday about a 73 year old woman who murdered her 85 year old neighbor with a hammer. When did old people stop playing shuffleboard and start killing each other?!

I also read about Kimveer Gill, the coward in Montreal who went into Dawson College and began shooting people.
On his profile at VampireFreaks he wrote: "Work sucks ... school sucks ... life sucks ... what else can I say? ... Life is a video game you've got to die sometime."
Hey, if your life sucks and you want to kill yourself, have at it. Shoot your brains out, slice the old wrists or swallow a handful of pills.
Don't drag innocent people into your drama. The thing that really
angers me is that the friggin' yellow belly didn't even HAVE the balls to kill himself. The police had to do it for him.
**UPDATE on this, now the police are changing their story again, saying he did kill himself. I guess the sad truth is, it doesn't matter who killed him. Other innocent people are paying for his selfishness and hatred.

PA gub'ner hopeful Lynn Swann said of the welfare to work program, "There is dignity in work." What an excellent way to put it, there is indeed dignity in work.
Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to take my ass and several romance novels to bed, because while there might be dignity in work,
there's a hell of a lot more fun in laying around all day doing nothing.

4 comments:

Fathairybastard said...

Geezers can be dangerous I guess. Short fuzes. Live and learn.

Mushy said...

I'm gettin' more sedate in my old age...hope I don't revert back, with my serious arsenal, I could do some damage.

Ron Southern said...

Geezer here, but unarmed and unharmed. Doin' nothin'...hmm, sounds pretty sexy to me. What else you gonna do?

Goddess said...

Ahhhh, that was it. LOL!