Saturday, August 26, 2006

i've had the time of my life and i owe it all to you

Song replayed ad nasuem today: "I Dare You" by Shine Down
Hello, let me introduce you to
The characters in the show
One says yes, one says no
Decide - which voice in your head you can keep alive

ONLY ONE MORE DAY TILL SCHOOL STARTS, THANK YOU, LORD!!!!!!!

Well, the stupid nightmare is back. Just when I think I'll never have it again, I have it. I had it Friday night.
A few weeks ago, I bought one of those flashlights you shake because our flashlights are the type that only work in non-emergency situations.
If the dog's ball rolled under the bed or the cat is possibly scratching from ear mites and I need to check that out,
the batteries are so strong I can see in one ear and out the other.
If a storm blows up, we're the ones sitting in the dark, praying for morning.
Anyway, I keep the "shaky flashlight" on the book shelf near the bed so I can grab it to
see what irreplaceable item Holly has decided to chew on in the middle of the night. So while the dream usually starts with me running frantically from light switch to light switch and finding out none of them work, this time I was trying to turn on the flashlight and it wouldn't work,
so I didn't realize I was having the nightmare until after it was over.
(At one point, I had been having the nightmare so often that DURING the nightmare, I'd hear myself say, "I'm having the dream again." )
It didn't last long but it was the usual sequence: I reached for the light and it didn't work, I
went out into the hallway and everything was dark. I knew "somebody" or "some thing" was out there, but I didn't know what it was. I felt threatened, but not as afraid as I usually am when I have the nightmare. I'm thinking this might be because of Holly. I feel physically safer in the house now that I have her.
But thankfully, the nightmare was mercifully short this time. I just can't figure out what triggers it.
I'm guessing the summation of it is that there is something that I refuse to see, something that I'm afraid to look at,
I just have no idea what or who that is. Or that I'm feeling threatened by something I can't see. Before there was always a
shadowy person or figure that would elude me, but that wasn't in this dream, possibly because it didn't last long enough.
I'm hoping this was just a fluke and that I won't start having it more often again. Hell, I've been having this nightmare for 26 years.

I was reading an article in the paper about chicks who are now passing out their business cards
to good looking guys in traffic. The very first word that came to my mind was: desperation. Sorry, but it just smacks of it.
I came home and Mr. G said, "Did you read this article?" And I said I had. He said, "Doesn't she sound desperate to you?"
Bingo.

No diggity. Elton John wants to record a hip hop album with Dr. Dre. Kill me. Kill me now.

I saw a commercial for some sort of bladder medication and the pill pushers--sorry, "pharmaceutical companies"--are going so far as to
provide a listing of all the BATHROOMS across the country in vacation spots. Oy. It shows the woman trekking in Yellowstone and
she flips the page to see where the bathrooms are. Um, hello? Don't be stupid. When you're in the woods, the entire park is your bathroom.

Last night when I stopped at the store to pick up some treats for Holly, I ran into a friend of ours. It bugs me no end that he stands really close to me when he's talking to me. I HATE IT when guys get in my personal space. I'm not wild about women doing it either, but I can handle them a little better than the guys. It doesn't bother me if they're standing beside me; shoulder to shoulder is no problem. It's when they're in front of me, like a face to face situation and
I feel like they're right on top of me that I get incredibly uncomfortable. I have an overwhelming urge to scream "boundaries, people!!"

One of our neighbors bought a portable, outdoor mesh "fireplace" for want of a better word. They were sitting out last night
and they yelled over and asked if we wanted to come over and "enjoy the fire." Under his breath, Mr. G said, "are they insane?!" under his breath.
We had just come back from out walk, the sweat was
rolling off of us because it was so humid and they're huddled around a damn camp fire. Freaks!

5 comments:

Mushy said...

Your dream is telling you to buy a .45 or a short double barrel shotgun. You need to know there is security near by and your dream will go away.

Next time the man leans in to talk, tell him with bad breath, "If you get any closer I'm going to bite your nose off!"

Goddess said...

I'd be afraid to own a gun. Besides, you NEVER give the opposition (aka the offspring) the tools to do you in...let 'em buy their own damn gun.

Besides Holly's gleaming incisors are offering me a lot of security right now...lol!

Ron Southern said...

Yes, boundaries, please! Southerners don't do that very much at all. Northerners do; maybe they're used to not being able to hear one another, I don't know.


Me, the biggest Southerner of them all!

Mushy said...

Okay, but the dream will continue.

Once had a recurring dream about a guy shooting at me and I was shooting back with a little .24 auto, but my bullets kept hitting the ground in front of him. I couldn't hit him no matter how I aimed and tried.

I sold that piece of crap and bought a real gun and have not had the dream since.

Sometimes your mind knows best.

Goddess said...

Yeah, Mushy, but you're a gun nut...LOL;) I never have been....