Sunday, August 20, 2006

her name is rio and she dances on the sand

This is going to be an incredibly stressful and painful week for me, so I'd like to ask you all to bear (or bare, whichever you prefer) with me. This is the one week this month that I haven't been able to foist the offspring off on unsuspecting Bible totin' teachers, camp counselors or any Grandmas, all of whom caught on years ago. So that means I will be forced to deal with MY OWN OFFSPRING every day until school starts on Monday, August 28th.
Please pray for me. Please think of me, stuck in a one bedroom trailer with 14 brats and one brat living in the backyard, screaming out his window at me every ten minutes. It doesn't help that it's getting humid again, either.
The offspring have been getting on my nerves so badly today that I've just been sitting here spinning the barrel (or whatever that thingy's called? chamber?)
of my gun for the last ten minutes.
Sitting, spinning, contemplating....wondering what kind of sentence I'd get if I went postal. Or should I just do the intelligent thing and do myself in?
It would so serve them right to have to clean up all my grey matter.
BTW, if I hear one more verse of "Jimmy Crapped Corn," all bets are off!!

"A man was arrested in the killing of a retired schoolteacher whose dismembered body was found in his Long Island home and whose severed head was discovered in the trunk of his car, police said. Evan Marshall, 30, of Glen Cove, New York, was expected to be arraigned Saturday on a charge of second-degree murder in the death of his neighbor Denice Fox, said Nassau County police Detective Lt. Dennis Farrell. Fox, 57, was slain Thursday in her home in a gated community in Glen Cove, located about 20 miles east of New York City, Farrell said. Two "rather large" carving knives were recovered, he said. He declined to discuss any possible motives."
I haven't cleaned out the trunk of my Rio in a long time, and I know I have a lot of crap back there,
but I can honestly say my neighbor's severed head isn't in there.
I keep that jammed under the front seat. Passenger side, of course, so if I'm stopped I can put the blame squarely on the passenger.
See? You really do learn useful stuff from watching COPS.


Now I see why I am so easily distracted. All I wanted to do this morning was dl "White Lines" by Duran Duran. When I searched, Pet Shop Boys popped up along with Duran Duran. And I thought, "Wait. What was the name of that song they did with that female English singer? Oh, shit what was her name and what was the song?!" "Always on My Mind"? Is that the song I'm thinking about? No, I don't think that's it. And what was that song that Tammy Wynette did with that rap group? It was stupid, but I loved it. Hmm, I think that was "Justified and Ancient," but the English singer, was that Petula Clark? and what the hell was the name of that song?! Or was it Dusty Springfield? Was she English? I know she was a lesbian, but I'm not sure if she was English...
When I was searching for that I saw "Go West," and had to dl some of THEIR songs. Go West led to Liz Phair and ooo, "I Just Died In Your Arms Last Night"! I have to have that! Before I knew it, I had a TON of songs...everything except "White Lines". Yes, my thought processes are truly frightening.
Oh, and btw, it WAS Dusty and the song was "What Have I Done To Deserve This?" I'm wondering the same thing.

I officially have over 30 feeds on my Bloglines list now. It makes it much simplier checking that list every day, rather than having to check each individual blog to see if it's been updated. I admit it still has some glitches--like indicating the site has been updated and just showing pictures. Ugh. Plus, for some dumbazz reason, it will tell me WW's blog has been updated, yet when I click on it, it takes me back to three entries she posted last month.

2 comments:

Ron Southern said...

Welcome to Bloglines usage. If you've been there before, don't forget to "Refresh". The odd thing to me that sometimes a blog HAS been updated, but it hasn't managed to make it past the Bloglines reader. If you check the actual blog, it may not be there yet! Seems odd to me.

Goddess said...

Refresh, huh? Never thought of that. Yeah, I've been using Bloglines about two months(?) and I've come across sites that have been updated for a couple days and it doesn't notify me. It's nice though not having to check each and every blog every morning. I just wish there was a way to get some of my favorite www sites and LJ sites on rss feeds.