Tuesday, July 11, 2006

we were too damn poor to buy the 8 tracks

Well this is certainly an interesting fight being played out. The Sugar Association, which consists of
sugar cane and sugar beet farmers, is attacking the folks at Splenda for saying it's product is "made from sugar," which is an outright lie.
Never thought I'd be on the sugar industry's side for ANYTHING, but this needed to be said. I'm sick of those Splenda commercials that
depict a wonderful fantasy life with a Splenda "snow" covering everything. The ad agency they hired did an excellent job, but I hate seeing the consumers duped into thinking this garbage is healthy when that has never been proven. It's just as artificial as saccharine and Equal before it.

I watched Kathy Griffin on Larry King Live last night. Once again another riveting interview by Larry.
Kathy said that over a period of a YEAR and A HALF, her husband systematically stole $72k from her.
If you've ever seen Kathy's show, one thing comes across quite clearly--the woman watches EVERY DIME.
So I guess that's why I'm having such a hard time believing that this happened. Her ex had no comment.
I mean, I'm guessing she has no reason to lie,
but the whole situation is strange, and I don't think we're getting the full story.
Oddly enough they didn't take calls on the show. I'm thinking it must have been taped because last week
they were saying what Kathy told Larry even the show didn't air till last night.
I did enjoy the part where Kathy talked about all the shows she's been banned from.

RENO 911 was so so last night. I did love the "Good Cop/Black Cop" bit and the part where Dangle said he thought Trudy was "faking" her pregnancy. He thought maybe she had a pillow underneath her shirt, and he said if he was certain she really was faking it, he'd punch in the stomach as hard as he could. Sick humor, but incredibly funny within the context of the show.

No comments: