Wednesday, July 19, 2006

caution: dangerous bitch ahead

Unless you're as big a stat whore as I am, you totally won't get any of this. So if you're NOT a stat whore, move along, move along, there's nothing to see....

This is something that is driving me BONKERS, so I'm going to mention it, because I just can't keep it in anymore. Someone--and I won't name cities--has been methodically working their way through one of my blogs--and I won't say which. Sometimes looking at 95 entries at a sitting. NOT ONCE have they EVER commented on anything. Not even a "like your site." Nada. Zip. Zilch. And it's not that I'm not glad they're looking, but COME ON.

But let me explain why this drives a stat whore like me CRAZY. My Blonde Intuition and Hott Cops' free stats only allow me 100 entries. So say I go to bed at midnight and while I'm sleeping 50 people log onto my Hott Cops site. Along comes this person who proceeds to look at 95 entries--not the least bit unusual for them, btw. That knocks off 45 of the OTHER people who read it through the night, and all I see is this one person's 95 entries and five other log ins. That leaves me unable to discern if I've gained any new loyal skimmers or been blessed with more one time wonders.
Finish looking everything over with a fine tooth comb already!!!!

Ok, back to your regularly scheduled kvetching. Time for my Valium and Vodka chaser...

5 comments:

Mushy said...

I have a related and selfish gripe - I joined http://rockytopbrigade.org/ in order to gain readership. When you post this site post the first few lines of your entry so fellow blogger's interest might be peeked. Well, there's this one dude who simply post one photo at a time and eventually pushes your entry further and further toward the bottom and eventually off the page. I've seen him post so many that his single photo post is all that left on the page. Arrrgggh!

Goddess said...

How in the world did you find out about me posting pictures there? LOL....

What a rotten--but oh so clever--thing to do. Some people have all the angles worked out, I tells ya.

Mushy said...

There were possibly some there, but as far as your reputation - a rat squeaked about that!

Ron Southern said...

I must have said this before, and you chose not to listen, you of all people! Fuck This Statistics Shit! No fun, but more sanity!

Goddess said...

Awwwwwww, Ron used the "F" word in my blog!!! I'm telling...someone...don't know who....

Stats are my cocaine, Ron!!! Affordable only because they're free;)