Friday, June 30, 2006

i cant afford the ticket

So Brit posed in all her pregnant nakedness. Riddle me this, Batman. If pregnant women are soooo beautiful,
why are these mags so careful to air brush out all the stretch marks?

I was reading an article in the paper about a retired couple who own an ice cream store. They said "it's not about the
money", it's "about the smiles." And yet, they still charge the money.

When AtlanticBroad Band bought out my crappy dial up ISP, oddly enough it became even crappier. Coinkydink? Yes, I'm sure. Anywho, they originally offered customers high speed for $14.95 for a year and a half. Now they're offering a $50 gas card along with the high speed, BUT they raised the price to $16.95.
So basically, you're getting a whopping $14 out of the deal, which is about four gallons of gas. Wheeeeeeee!

After watching Larry King, I'm totally convinced Star Jones went for the sympathy vote when she blabbed on the air about being let go. She said that Barbara Walters told her that she could say whatever she wanted as to why she was leaving, and Barbara and the network would "back her up." Star felt there was no way she could "lie" to the viewers. Now I'm torn on this. On one hand, I think Star told to milk it for all it was worth, and she's using this "I cannot tell a lie" story to bolster that. On the other hand, why should she give Barbara Walters and ABC an easy out? They let her go and they should have to balls to admit that. I think Star tried to play this to her best advantage, but in doing so, she embarrassed Barbara and pissed her off. Big mistake. But Star's "I find this so disheartening"/pseudo-humility was more than a tad nerve-wracking to watch.
She said her husband was very supportive of her. Hell, I'd be supportive of anyone who was allowing me to live large while I did diddly, too.
Another ridiculous moment was when Larry read Barbara's statement about how they told Star that she was being let go because of her off air persona. Star's like, "When did that happen?" And again, "I find that so disheartening that they would say that." You mean to tell me they're going to sit down and tell Star her contract is not being renewed, and she isn't going to freaking ask WHY? Yet she acted like she had no clue people were turned off by her. Unless she's been living under a rock for the last several months, how could she NOT know how people felt about her?

I love this headline about Kirstie Alley on the front of People Mag: "With no chef or trainer, Kirstie Alley reshapes her body...blah blah." THEN she proclaims, "If *I* can do it, *anybody*." Sure, if *anybody* has the incentive by being paid millions and if *anybody* was given all the FREE FOOD they needed, then I'm sure *anybody* could do it. And since WHEN do you need a chef to help you prepare pre-packaged Jenny Craig foods?
No trainer? Awwwwww, it's really incredibly difficult to slap a tape in the VCR and exercise all by your little lonesome.

2 comments:

Ron Southern said...

It nitwits Star Jones and Barbara Wawa were to beat each other to death with Britney Spears, I would find that newsworthy. Everything until then is just making too much adodo about nothing!

Goddess said...

LOL...excellent thought, Ron! What's the chances we'll be that lucky, though;)