Wednesday, June 14, 2006

ever the same

GUH. I got my disc drive replaced and the computer dude said he would install my DSL for me while he was here. Only one slight problem: apparently when I took my modem into my ISP for them to update my drivers when I switched from cable back to dial up, they must have taken the ethernet card from my modem without telling me. I certainly didn't take it out because I don't even know what they look like! So now I have to buy one of those, which is going to set me back on the whole DSL thing again. It's like God doesn't want me to have DSL... Probably payback cuz of all the wi-fi I've stolen over the last few months. Sigh. But I have read over the DSL material and it SEEMS fairly simple, so hopefully once I get the card installed I can finally climb out OF THE GHETTO!!

I called computer geek this morning and asked about my disc drive.
He said, "It'll be here today."
I said, "I thought you were going to overnight it?"
He said, "I did. It'll be here today."
Longest "overnight" on record, people.

I went to this small herbal store this morning where I've been shopping at lately to pick up a few things. The owner was there, and I was not wild about her the first time I met her. Usually I go to the store in the evenings when the young kids are working because they don't try to pimp other services on me like she does. I'm the kind of person who goes in with a list and get the hell out of my way. I only shop because I have to, I'm not looking to spend the entire day there.
I had placed an order with her the week previous for five of a certain item. As I was leaving she mentioned that they only got shipments every other week, so I thought I'll pick up two extra while I'm there to tide me over when my order comes in. I did so when I picked up my order today, and she said, "You only ordered five and I'd like to ask you to only take five. If you take seven, then I won't have enough for the general public." What I am if not the "general public" is beyond me. I said, "Fine. I didn't realize you only had a small amount since you just got your shipment in today."
FIVE TIMES she asked me if I was ok with giving the two items back. What the hell difference did it make since she already told me she couldn't spare them?
THEN she said, "If I have any left before my next order comes in, I'll call you," and I said, "No, that's ok. I'll order fresh." Screw that.
I was telling Mr. G, who has worked in retail all his life, and the first thing he said was, "She's not a very smart business woman. You never turn away a sure sale for something that might be." The amazing thing is that I gave her $72 worth of business today and still she ran the risk of insulting a good customer.

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I AM NOT A HAPPY CAMPER!!!
I called computer repair geek first thing Monday and asked him how long it would take him to get a CD drive for my computer. He told me "overnighted" he could have it Tuesday, no later than Wednesday. Why an "overnight" package would take two nights is beyond me. Once the part was in, he'd come to the house to fix it. Ok, fine. Tuesday I received notice that my DSL service was ready to use. It's Wednesday afternoon and I still haven't heard from computer repair geek. If he isn't here to fix my damn computer by Thursday, I'm going to have to wait until NEXT FRIDAY when I'm off again to start my DSL service. Unless he works on Saturday and I'm highly doubting that. I'm off on Saturday, so if he would at least repair the CD drive on Thursday, I'd have time to mess with the DSL on Saturday. This afternoon my Dazzle Digital Video Creator arrived and I'm anxious to get started using that, but again, I have to wait until I have the DSL running.
Had I known it would REALLY take this long, I would have taken the tower up to the computer store on Monday and had them repair it then. I could have had it done in the same day. The only reason I didn't do that is I don't like them snooping through all of my business, and you know damn well they do. At least if the repair is done here at home with me standing over him, I know that none of my personal information has been compromised.

Zal posted this story on his LJ and it's too damn funny not to repeat, even if he did try to say it was me:
"A 28-year-old Cedar City, Utah woman has been cited for lewdness for exposing herself inside a store. The woman was riding a motorized cart inside Lin's Market Place on Thursday with her pants around her ankles and not wearing underwear.
Customers didn't notice the woman until she would stand up from the cart and bend over to look at items on the shelf, exposing her buttocks.
The woman told police she arrived in Cedar City with a circus but was left behind."
All I can say is she mustn't have been very attractive, cuz you can rest assured if she was,
no one would have turned her in...well, at least until after they got an eyeful.

Copluvr writes: I laughed my way through the Duggar piece. Good stuff.
Thanks for writing, T. I thought it was great, too. I think we should crown Bugs the "official Duggar correspondent".
First of all, she's got good insights, and secondly, I don't know anybody that doesn't have
the last name of Duggar who would willingly sit through that crap.

So did you see South got a way cool tat? I wanted to get a tat once. I told Mr. G I wanted
a small shower of stars--all different colors--off my left shoulder.
He said, "No. IMO, tattoos make women look cheap," and that was pretty much the end of that discussion.
But I'm so glad that Felicia was able to talk Mike out of his first idea--getting the face of every chick he ever screwed
tattooed on his body. Hell, he'd run out of body space before they ever reached the 1980's....

And I STILL haven't heard WORD ONE from computer geek about my "overnighted" CD drive...grrrrrrrr.

No comments: