Sunday, May 28, 2006

the red, white and blue

Oh, talk about your underachievers.
Today I received the spam email, "This is the 0th email I've sent you."

The last two nights Mr. G and I have taken Holly for her nightly "dragging us around the neighborhood" around 9:30.
It was so nice and cool, and the neighborhood was deserted and quiet.
I like walking when it's dark outside because it's very peaceful. That's one of the joys of living in small
town America, walking at night without having to worry about getting mugged. Of course, having a 90 pound, raving lunatic of a Lab
at your side tends to make you feel fairly secure no matter what time of night it is.

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!!!

While you're noshing on the picnic potato salad and hot dogs, please remember the vets who fought for our freedom.

Some of these spam emails are getting ridiculous. I've been getting ones that say, "This is the second email I've sent you," or
"this is the third email I've sent you." One dipshit decided to get creative and send "this is the 56th email I've sent you."
Well aren't you just a dumb jackass to keep emailing me when you see what a lousy track record I have at responding? You should have stopped at two.

In today's Family Circus, the grandmother--that I thought died a long time ago--said, "Sometimes children are like sponges. They seem to absorb all your strength and leave you limp...but give them a squeeze and you get it all back." Weird. I thought children were like sponges. They seem to absorb all your strength and leave you limp, then they get moldy and are pretty much useless.

Last night right before Mr. G went to bed, I said, "Did you remember to take those four essential fatty acid soft gels I laid out for you?"
He said, "I forgot." So I schlepped them into him with a glass of water and he said, "You're bound and determined to keep me alive, aren't you, woman?" Yes, it's just a weird thing I do, caring for people I love.

No comments: