Friday, May 19, 2006

i'm losing you and it's effortless

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything,
but you still can’t help but smile when you see‘em tumble down the stairs.

They just opened a new kind of clinic in our town that promises to help people "end addiction." Great.
I'm stopping by after work to see if they can help me with my hott cop addiction. I'm not holding out much faith that they can help me, though.
When I called to see what services they offer, the dude said, "Do you have a drug or alcohol problem?"
He said, "We can help you with that."
I said, "Well, unless you're going to tell me you can get me drugs and alcohol at wholesale prices..."
He said, "Oh, no. We're here to helpl you overcome your drug and alcohol addiction."
I said, "Huh. Unique approach, but why in the world would I want to do that?
The drugs and alcohol are the only things keeping me going most days..."

I seriously think Overtime Hawg has a loose shingle.
My boss told me this morning that Overtime Hawg asked her if she would "miss her" when she was
off this week. I'm like, "WHAT?!" I burst out laughing. I couldn't help it. I said, "Maybe she was kidding?"
She said, "Oh, no, she was quite serious. She asked me a couple times."

What a coincidence. Will & Grace is about two gay guys and the series finale sucked a big one.
The writers actually went the trite ending route and had their kids grew up to marry each other, I suppose because Will & Grace kept saying they felt they were meant to be together forever. I guess we're supposed to swallow that through their kids they were able to do this. Ugh.
Very, very disappointing.
I can think of only one laugh outloud funny moment in the entire show.

Jay was telling me what a big sweet patater he has. And no, that's not dirty code for anything.
I told him about the time when Mr. G was young and he was on the front page of holding his big cucumber.
(Although I rarely brag about his "cuke". And yeah, that IS dirty code.)
It was one of those small town newspapers that if you sneezed, it made front page headlines.
One time his dad made the front page, and it showed him making pierogies.
The story next to his was entitled, "Vote For Ike!".
But there you have it. Mr. G has a "prize winning" "cucumber"!!!

No comments: