Monday, April 03, 2006

you think you're right but you were wrong you tried to take me but i knew all along

Has anybody tried EFT techniques? If so, let me know how it worked for you....

I ordered Pur Minerals 4 in 1 foundation today, so I'll let you know how that works. So far I 've tried the Bare Minerals and was super disappointed with the size and cost of their foundation. My skin was clear though when I used it and it felt good. I then tried Sheer Cover and the stuff they give you to cover blemishes actually CAUSES blemishes because it's not a mineral base but more like the undereye stick Cover Girl sells. And let me tell ya, that caused some STUBBORN blemishes like I have never seen before. Because I work a week and am off a week, I rarely use makeup when I'm at home. So any blemishes I had SHOULD HAVE been gone by the time I went back to work, but they lasted for weeks and weeks. And again, their product contained even LESS foundation than the Bare Minerals. It annoys me that Pur Minerals doesn't tell you how many ounces they give you, but their foundation was $25.50, so I'll let you know how it works and if it's worth it. I wish the major cosmetics companies would get on board with this. I think that would drive the cost down and at least it would be available in local stores. I had having to order through the mail all the time.

I finally watched the first two episodes of The New Adventures of Old Christine starring Julia Louis Dreyfus. Eh. The first one was kinda boring and the second one was only slightly funny. I enjoyed her attempts at picking up guys in the grocery store, but I'm not wild about her character. The character seems more concerned with what everyone else thinks. For instance, in the second ep her ex couldn't believe that she hadn't had sex in three years, so she went out and had a one night stand. She was over the moon about it until the two snobby chicks at the school her son goes to pointed out what a loser the guy was. Then she was embarrassed by the whole thing. If there's an episode on and I'm bored, I'd probably
watch it but as it stands I won't go out of my way to watch.

Eric writes about my "I'm not wild about New York" bumper sticker : "Never heard of that one.
Have you seen the one that says, "I8NY"? I
think they'll only sell you that one if you're a giant lizard."
LOL.....I bought one for my power chair that reads "I lost my Hoveround in a giant sink hole in Brooklyn."
BTW, did I mention the sink hole was one of the "hot spots" Alex and I went to visit?
Eh, big deal. In Pennsylvania, we call them "pot holes."

I was listening to yet another one of those bogus ads for weight loss products on the radio and one woman
said, "I lost 20 pounds and 6 dress sizes!" Yeah sure.
How could you POSSIBLY lose six dresses sizes and ONLY twenty pounds?
They say the average is 10 pounds per dress size, but I think it's more like 15-20 per dress size.
I'm not buying it. The bogus product or the bogus line.

I discovered something really humorous on my trip this weekend. Well, humorous to my twisted sense of what's funny.
If you see a bunch of police officers and you yell, "Hey, Officer!" they all look, much the same way as when a child yells "Mommy!" in the mall.
Just a little something funny you might want to try when you see a group of cops hanging together.

No comments: