Friday, April 28, 2006

it was only a kiss

Ya know what I was thinking about today? I was thinking about songs that I learned for school programs when I was a small child that I still remember so well. And yet I can't remember yesterday. Go figger. The one song that I remember was about the Titanic and it that went like this, "They made the ship Titanic to sail the ocean blue saying 'here's one ship that the water won't go through,' but the Lord He raised His hands and said it wasn't true, it was sad when the great ship went down. Oh, it was sad, it was sad, it was sad when the great ship went down to the bottom of the --" and then one group of kids would sing "seeeaaaaa," while the others were singing, "The husbands and the wives and the children lost their lives, it was sad when the great ship went down." Pretty uplifting song for a bunch of 2nd graders, huh? Gotta love them nuns and their positive outlook on life. Another one of my favorites was "Spoonful of Sugar," which might explain my sugar addiction to this day. "Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down in the most delightful way." So what's one weird, quirky thing you remember from childhood?

I spent a better part of the morning cooking and a better part of the afternoon coloring my singed eyebrows back on. Good times. Good times.

Once again, Blogger is being a perfect c-u-n-t. GRRRRRR. First of all, I changed the template on my hott cops blogger and forgot to save the stats code, so I had to redo all that. Then the change caused me to lose all my links. Now I keep trying to add links and I'm not able to do it. I had about 7 or 8 of them, then I realized I'd forgotten a couple, but when I tried to add them, it was a no go and I've gone over the html code about 50 times so I know it's correct.

Some ministers got together on Pennyslvania Avenue and prayed for "divine intervention" in the gas crisis.
**Crossing my fingers this means Jesus is going to come down to Earth
with a bucket load of money to pay for our gas**

CD of the day is The Killers "Hot Fuss." Repeat song of the day is Mr. Brightside.

Call me old fashioned, call me pre-menstrual, but I *hate* it when a guy calls his wife, "the old lady."
This morning I was outside and I said to the neighbor guy, "Do you have any idea where I can
buy wooden clothes props?" He said, "I don't know. My old lady wants me to get some for her and I can't find them."
"Old lady" has "redneck" written all over it.

Ok, the deadline has been set. I am biting the bullet! By the end of my seven days off,
I will have decided what I'm going to enter into the Writer's Digest Writing Contest. (Or not...)

No comments: