Tuesday, March 14, 2006

because i'm so in love with you


Nicole P. outside the New York Stock Exchange


Ya know what really stumps me? Besides history, geography, math, motherhood and science. At noon when I watch the news, Nicole Petallides does the stock Update and at the end, she always says, "This is Nicole Petallides with the Bloomberg Market Update," then she smiles AND SHAKES HER HEAD like three times. I keep trying to figure out WHY she's shaking her head all the time. And the guy that filled in for her did the SAME thing. What could it mean?

I'm hating these commercials for prescription meds aimed at women lately. Contrary to popular belief, when a group of women go to the art museum, they do NOT pull out their osteoporosis prescriptions and compare, and they don't pull out their hormone replacement prescription when having lunch with their friends.

I was actually feeling really good about the day until I did my Tarot reading and
discovered It was going to be a day of false promises, hesitancy, and unreliability…
Now I think I'll just go back to bed and wait for it to be over.

I just saw on the news that Peter Tomarken from the game show Press Your Luck was killed, along with his wife, in a plane crash. Press Your Luck is the older version of Whammy. His plane crashed yesterday into the Santa Monica Bay. There were on a volunteer medical trip.

Wow. It's like the Supremes all over again. At the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction service, the former members of Blondie who WERE inducted, were NOT permitted to sing onstage with Debbie Harry. The one former band member said LIVE on stage, "One thing that would actually make it better would be if we could perform with you tonight. But for some reason that's not allowed. What do you say, Debbie?" And she's like, "Sorry, sweetie, some other time." Then when he said, "Please?" She replied, "Can't you see my band is already ON stage?" he goes, "Oh, YOUR band." *insert snippy attitude here* "I thought the BAND Blondie was being inducted tonight." Apparently a couple band members sued her some years back for regrouping and leaving them out. OUCH.

Sharon Stone: "I would kiss just about anybody for peace in the Middle East."

I was thinking about the failed ports deal with the UAE, and I think Bush's fear based agenda has finally come back to bite him in the ass. He's the one who is forever pushing this terrorist agenda and how we should be afraid of possible terrorist attacks and how we need to give up all our freedoms to be safe. Oh, wait, he doesn't actually say that last part outloud.
NOW when the American public is upset about the UAE taking control of some of our ports, he's like,
"What's your problem? These people are our friends." Yeah, despite the fact that two of the 9/11 terrorists were from the UAE. Maybe trying to scare the HELL out of everyone isn't the BEST political strategy?!

Happy Steak and Blowjob Day!!!

Scientologist Issac Hayes has quit doing the voice of Chef on South Park because he feels a "line was crossed" with the recent episode in which Matt and Trey made fun of Scientologists. He said, "Religious beliefs are sacred to people, and at all times should be respected and honored," he continued. "As a civil rights activist of the past 40 years, I cannot support a show that disrespects those beliefs and practices." That's ironic, Alanis. He didn't seem to have any problem participating in the show when they were making fun of Catholics in that gross episode where the Statue of the Blessed Virgin was bleeding from the ass or the one where they were mocking the Mormon's beliefs. I think you'd be hard pressed to find even two or three episodes in which they DIDN'T make fun of Jews, so how can he possibly sanction some of the episodes in which they ridicule religion, but not others?

Guys, you might want to skip this paragraph. It's bloody awful. And I mean that in a menstrual sort of way.
Maxi pads piss me off. I thought when they came out with the "wings" that would be the end of bloody leakage!! [And I mean that in a English swearing sort of way.] But alas I was wrong. {For those of you that don't know what "wings" are, they are two strips on either side of the pad that come around the edge of your underpants and seal underneath so you don't have any leaks on the sides of your underpants. And they allow the pad to "fly" to the garbage can. Ok, not really.} While they no longer leak around the sides, they leak from the back. I thought buying LONGER maxi pads was the answer. Nay. I was wrong. I am now currently buying Mississippi River maxi pads--pads so long that they begin at my belly button and end at the small of my back, and yet they are STILL leaking!!!! I don't get it. I have a wet pad in the front, about fifty two inches of dry pad and then about half a cunt hair from where the pad ends--LEAKAGE!!!

I was just watching some of Strangers With Candy. It airs on Comedy Central if you haven't seen it. It's very funny. On this episode, Jeri's parents send her to Indian camp to get in touch with her Indian heritage. It shows her shooting bows and arrows, then learning how to deal at black jack.

Interesting that today's Yahoo news had a story about how Crestor is able to "reverse heart disease" now that so many people are pushing for it to be removed from the market. The study said that people taking "highest dose" of "the strongest of cholesterol lowering drugs" saw a shrinking of their artery blockages, BUT they still have no idea as to whether or not this will lead to fewer heart attacks. What I find interesting is that they didn't mention ANY negative side effects from taking a high dosage of such a strong med, so until they're willing to disclose the good AND the bad, I'm not putting too much stock in this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know who you are, what you look like, how old you are, or anything else about you... but I think I'm in love! The way you write you are so real that I can't help but like ya. And no I'm not some perv...I just like smart, down-to-earth people.

Rebecca said...

Well thank you very much. I just found this comment today--almost a freaking year AFTER the post was created. Way to go, Blogger!