Tuesday, February 28, 2006

will you be my friend to remind me what is real

And in the blink of an eye another month has ended....

Don't forget, kids, IHOP is giving away FREE PANCAKES betweeen 7 a.m and 2 p.m. today for Shrove Tuesday!!
And when you're eating that free short stack smothered in butter and hot maple syrup,
think of me, starving in PA, land of very few IHOPS.

Goddess' Hott Cop O'The Day award goes to: Officer Paul Roberts and Officer John Lopez of Buffalo, New York.
ONLY in the New York eps do you hear the phrase. "STOP! Both of youse!"

All you Grey's Anatomy fans, on today's Oprah, she'll have the "best kept secrets of the show."
Whatever the hell that means.

Trivia q for ya: what was the first toy every advertised on television? First person to get it right
gets the joy of knowing they were the first person to get it right.

Mattel says the idea behind Barbie is showing girls they can be whatever they want to be. Great news! I guess I'm free to be that astronaut/CEO/aerobics instructor/pediatrician/veterinarian that I've always wanted to be. Nothing can stop me now, kids!
Hang on 'til I get my Flashdance leg warmers out, will ya?

What....what...what is this Bambi 2 nonsense of which they speak?! You can't make Bambi 2! That's blasphemy!
It's like making Moses Strikes Back. It's like making The Ten Commandments Pt. 2. It's like making Superman: The Gay Years. The synopsis states that it is the exploration of "Bambi's coming-of-age challenges."
Hello? He's a deer. His challenges are to find food and not be shot

Ok, I"m really upset. On Monday's Oprah, they showed the man who plays Elmo. That pisses me off because there are some of us who thought..I mean some KIDS who thought Elmo was REAL!! Imagine my--I mean "their" upset to find out differently. I haven't been this upset since I learned there was no Tooth Fairy last week. But let me say THIS about Elmo, beneath that red shag rug, he is one HELL of a hot looking African American dude. What's funny is that even when
Kevin's talking, he's moving Elmo and making gestures with Elmo,
so you almost expect Elmo to chime in on the conversation, too. It's comical.

I was watching CNN and they were talking about how the funds for Hurricane Katrina relief were running out. One woman emailed and said people should continue to give despite the fact that money was mismanaged, that people shouldn't have to suffer because of that. Well, my question is how much can people AFFORD to continue giving if it's not being spent properly? You feel like you're throwing bad-der money after bad money. How about getting someone in there to insure it's spent properly first? It's like continuing to put a fresh band aid on a dirty, festering wound.

On Maxxxzzz's web site there's a story about strippers. Seems Tyra Banks has to go "undercover" to figure out why some men are "obsessed" with them. Tyra Banks is an airhead. Let's think about this. The guy walks into any strip club and finds naked or nearly naked, good looking women willing to dance for him and give him a "private" session. She doesn't scream about him not taking out the garbage, she doesn't require him to change diapers and she doesn't need him to do the laundry. All she does is look sexy, dance naked and shower him with attention and make him feel like he's the center of the universe in exchange for cash. Gee, I wonder why some men are "obsessed" with them?

This is by far one of the funnier answers I've heard on Family Feud. The question was, "name something that would ruin a wedding,"
and the woman said, "veneral disease." Yep, that would do it.

Well DOUBLE crap. Saddam Hussein has ENDED his hunger strike! Damn it.
Apparently the lure of Wild Bubble Berry Poptarts was too much of a temptation for the overturned dictator
to resist and he woofed down three boxes early this morning.

I was shopping at a store that carries a lot of herbal stuff on Saturday, and I found this tea called "Smooth Move." No, it doesn't help you pick up chicks, it's for...hell, you know what it's for. Anywho, I thought it was something you could drink on a regular basis to keep you regular, as opposed to irregular or extra large. It has a really good licorice taste to it. As I was making myself a THIRD cup last night, Mr. G said, "Are you sure you're supposed to be drinking so much of that?" I said, "Why not?" He said, "Because right here on the box it says it's a LAXATIVE." Holy crap. [And I mean that sincerely.] I said, "Shit," (and I mean that sincerely, too) "no wonder I've been so miserable the last couple days." When I told him how much I've been drinking of it the past couple days, Mr. G said, "Smooth move, Honey. Smoooooth move." Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I said a teeny bit of a story about boats burning in the San Diego Bay and I can't find anything else on it. I'm going to have to guess that perhaps it's not a HUGE story because FOX hasn't chosen to focus on it 24/7. Ironic though. The boats are surrounded by water and IN water, and still they're burning.

No comments: