Thursday, February 09, 2006

I am NOT a happy Gateway camper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Mr. G took a personal day today so we could spend some time together doing diddly. We just had our usual plans of taking the puppy for her walk, going to the library, puttering around at the dollar stores for winter stuff on sale, the usual sort of putzing we do. Then earlier in the week Gateway said they could fix my laptop today and I thought, "damn, if I don't get it fixed Thursday, I won't have it to take to work on Friday and more than likely won't be able to get it fixed until next week sometime." Gateway dude told me they schedule in two hour increments (8 a.m - 8 p.m.) and the entire day was free. I picked 10 am-noonish so that we wouldn't have to get up early. 9:35 Repairdude calls and says, "Something came up. I can't come at all today." I'm like, 'WHAT????? I TOOK OFF OF WORK TO BE HERE FOR THIS!!" (shuddup--what he doesn't know won't hurt him) "And if you don't come today, I won't be around until next Thursday." Right here is where I'm suspicious. Just two days ago, his schedule was completely open, now his entire day is full. I said, "What about an evening appointment?" He said, "let me call Gateway and see what kind of policy you have, and I'll let you know if I can schedule an evening appointment." Red flag numero dos. OBVIOUSLY I have the sort of policy that gives me on site service, and I know they schedule repairs until 8 p.m., so what more do we need to know? A minute later, he calls me back and says, "Ok I can schedule evenings. Tonight is fine. I'll be there at 6." Something in the way he said that, I KNEW beyond a shadow of a doubt he had no intention of showing up tonight. So I called Gateway and bitched. She said, "Did he give you a reason as to why he can't show up all day?" So obviously THEY knew nothing about what was going on with him either. I said, "If he can't send someone else to fix this now, I want HIS WORD that he will be here TODAY because I'm home specifically for this repair." She paged him three times and he finally called me a short while ago telling me that he would definitely be here tonight at 6 p.m. My guess would be that he's spending the day getting a piece of ass somewhere and doesn't want to make the trip down here. So now Mr. G is peeved at me cuz this is ruining our day together!

No comments: